mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 04-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Jcurt 90* frame - My thoughts

So I picked up a jcurt 90* when they were on sale.

First off jcurt is a man I will deal with again. Great guy.

Now on to my thoughts,
LOOKS- The jcurt frame I have is black with black panels and looks great.

FEEL- This frame is thin which I love. A little small but it fits great in my decently large sized hands. Compared to my 45 frame with stock grips it feels maybe 1/4 inch thinner. The panels are also very cool. My panels are black, but I believe they are also available in red, clear,orange, and blue not sure though. The panels are recessed into the frame though which is a factor in its thinness. As far as slipping goes because of not having rubber grips I did not expierance any. The finger grooves felt great as well

INSTALLATION- 5 minutes very simple just unscrew a screw in the frame and screw on the jcurt frame

IN GAME- I LOVED IT. Used it with a cci t stock and snap shooting was very nice. Much more natural feel. Personally, I felt the gun pointed easier.

Overall- if you are not thrilled with your frame or you wish to try something new I highly reccomend this frame. Made me feel like i was holding a new gun. Grerat for snap shooting.

Side note- I see people posting about the finger being too far from the trigger and I didn't really notice it as an issue at all.

10 out of 10 great job jcurt
Youngpump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

I agree with everything you just wrote. Especially the stock, I really like where it puts it. I have 2 sets, a raw frame & a black. Panels are available in almost any color you want & also aluminum & brass.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

I just got mine in today, and am still undecided. I will play with it this weekend and see what I think. I'm coming from an RTR Grip Frame with Hogue palm swells, so it is quite a change.

I don't use a stock with my Phantom, but initially I feel I could really get in tight and have the marker close to my body while still being decently comfortable, if that makes any sense. I look forward to trying it out in game and seeing which one I like better.
BassDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Agree with the op makes snap shooting and pointing in general very easy
Old 05-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quick update: The VSC kit, ghost ring and the 3.5 oz tank I ordered just came. I've installed the vsc kit and I was afraid the 90 frame and the 3.5 oz tank would result in not enough room for my hands( they are cent size paws)Well the VSC kit with the 3.5 oz works just fine. My phantom is almost done now! Just need to get the correct barrel from Titus and maybe an undercocking kit.....and a duckslide but that's a different story
Youngpump is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI