mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 04-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

13/3k Efficiency

Okay, now I KNOW this has been brought up, but I couldn't find anything in a search. I'm kinda freaking out...

Anyway, I'm looking for an open class marker that can get a reliable 200 shots at least at 280 FPS off of a 13/3k. I understand that this is the "legendary" number for Snipers, and have a Sniper I'm tuning up for this, but I am a Phantom fan, and would like to weigh my options.

If I set up and tune a Phantom for HPA, with springing, opened TPC, and a regulator, can a steady and consistent 200 shots be achieved? I found reports of UP TO 200, but no one claiming a consistent 200, outside of a couple folks chiming in with 300 (which I honestly don't believe...).

Thanks all!

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

I would indeed be tuning it to dip as deep into the tank as I could. I would really like to hit the 200 mark.

I'd just go CO2 for shot count, but I already have a new 13/3k I'd like to put to use, and I prefer HPA over CO2.

Another problem would be consistency of fill. I doubt I'll get a complete 3000 PSI off of a fill, especially after the tank cools.

Poop.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Yeah, I know, and have a nice Stabilizer that would be good for a regulated CO2 setup, but I just got my 13/3k tank and would really like to use it. Plus, I personally prefer HPA over CO2 due to consistency and convenience of fill. My local field, while capable of filling CO2, is HPA-centric.

CJ, are those numbers rough estimates, or fixed guidelines? Let's assume I have the resources to maximize efficiency (modified hammer, spring tuning, powertube tuning, etc.). Would a solid 200 really be that unobtainable out of HPA?

Edit: Hm. I might go CO2 if it's so much more practical, but I would MUCH prefer HPA...

Last edited by Magoo; 04-28-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Oh the idea is to run low pressure with a regulator. It's more of a convenience of fill as opposed to practicality. Most of the fields I play at are self-fill HPA, and CO2 is a bit of a PITA to get sometimes.

I do happen to have two Stabilizers (a male and female) lying around, so dual-regging CO2 would be doable. I don't want to bother witch anti-siphon, however, as I don't like the idea of dedicating a single tank to a single gun...

Old 04-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Sorry but why double reg a phantom? I'm curious as to why you want to do that. I have been toying with the idea of regulating my phantom. My idea is\was using a cp reg on the vertical asa then it still goes through the hardline which should theoretically in my mind be enough time to keep liquid out of the valve unless you shoot extremely fast.

Sorry for the thread jack but i want to know the purpose of running two regulators instead of one.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

200 seems conceivable, my stock phantom was getting around 140 shots off a 13/3k
pb=life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Happy Chewy: It's not necessary to run dual regs, but I have them, so why not? The idea is to greatly increase consistency. The first regulator eliminates liquid and regulates the pressure to, say, 600 PSI. The second regulator (assuming I'm shooting for a low pressure setup) will further regulate the CO2 to about 350-400 PSI. The first reg cuts off liquid and acts as a buffer, if you will. In theory, a single regulated gun will still suffer from small consistency shifts due to temperature changes or liquid entering the reg. The second reg effectively removes that worry.

It's honestly a marginal gain for a substantial cost (Stabilizers ain't cheap, even used), but as I said, I've got 'em, so why not?

Of course, that's assuming I can't justify using my HPA tank.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to esparzar Send a message via MSN to esparzar Send a message via Yahoo to esparzar

I just shot my phantom this past weekend. I fired roughly 150 shots before noticeable drop off in 76 degree weather at 100% humidity.

shot with a ninja 13/3k on a drop into an 04 dye reflex reg into a bobbed valve. 14" Dw barrel with .687 freak insert.
esparzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

I am getting 200-220 out of my ditto deuce I am running a 13/3000 with a agd flatline reg set at 500-600 input if i remember right. fps is around 270

tim
leperchaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Riverside Renegades

3.5oz vertically will be consistent in texas... No reg, etc. Balance may be a bit off if you run open class at that point though.

I run 13ci into a 600psi reg/gas-thru, running tubes, i've never done 200. Probably closer to 150 with some minor drop off. The fill station is conveniently placed, so don't usually have an issue topping off when I grab a drink or something.

For open class, did you just think about a 45/45? Don't remember the weight of them compared to a 48/3000.
Matt DRown is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI