mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 05-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

You can't expect someone to pay for the time and labor you out into it. In the end it is a "used" item. Unless you have parts that are truly rare or unique to the phantom, it'll be considered like everything else on the market at a somewhat reasonable price. Sometimes even a ridiculously stupid lowball. But the value remains in the eye of the owner.

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Donut SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

kind of curious as to how one drops 500 INTO a phantom...

some of the most costly upgrades are things like grip/trigger group combos - those can be $225 or so - internals maybe another $50 - $75 or so - did you do a total facelift on the phantom or wha?

it is currently a buyers market - lots of markers are commanding lower prices due to volume of sales available - in some cases things still sell high due to rare parts, highly desired parts, etc.

good luck with your sale but without specifics I couldnt tell you more

my mcb feedback
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
kind of curious as to how one drops 500 INTO a phantom...
1 of 1 Custom Anodized VSC/OC Phantom w/ Goodies
Counting the original purchase price?
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

^^what stitch says too. For a while buzzards hit the market in force. I don't know why but same deal. Flooding the market means the price of what you have will be affected

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

extra direct feed? body, RTR Boomerang, Stock, ASA

The anno job probably what pumped in the most $$$ - unfortunately most folks dont have the appreciation for what custom anno costs these days

gonna have to hold out for someone who puts the same value on it or - most custom anno jobs do this - bite some of the cost of the anno job and cut the price down - IF that is the marker in question.

my thoughts anyhow - /shrug

my mcb feedback
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Stock class SPAM

It's more like a parts market to me. I buy phantoms for team members on here and they will always wait for a better price than a unique gun. I suppose another fact is that most people buying a phantom from here are getting a used one to either, "try stock class" or start another build. Because of that they tend to look for cheaper deals and shy away from guns past the 200$ mark. Heck I have a phantom here for that much still sitting.

But PARTS! As soon as you say, "willing to part" its like Piranhas 3-D minus the bewbs! They get taken apart in seconds. Usually faster than I can post... Most of the time it's because there is only a single part or a few parts that people actually want from a marker.

Oh yeah you can really drop some $$ into a phantom: RTR Garg frame 100$ plus, Custom pump handle 50-80$, 1 piece feed 50$, Roundhead body 75$, bolt/hammer 30-45$, grip frame 50$+ bottom line setup 20+$ I have to wait for ano on my last project gun cause I have run out of $$ building it haha!

Sorry but if you think it's bad that your resale value sucks, just remember there have been even more awesome custom guns out there still waiting to be sold. They are going for way below their value as well. Lots of Punisher's 1 time guns for example.
808Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Like many have said, market saturation is what kills the value of anything.
Phantom market is the one that has dropped the worst. Used to be autocockers and some other types, but phantom has been on the decline.

I always laugh when people reanno something hoping that it will increase the value of a marker. Sure it increases the value for the original person, but everything else is null.

You add market saturation and the value of a phantom takes a dump.

The market value for phantoms is what, sub $200? I've seen full VSCs go for $150 range and the Upgraded ones in the $250 range.

All I can say is best of luck. If you're looking to move the phantom, you're going to have to drop the price. If you don't want to take a loss on it, then be prepared to sit on it for a while or the slim chance that the buyer with cash wants "exactly" what you have.

On a side note, didn't you get it for $225?
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #18 (permalink)

My sentiments exactly. I picked up a phantom worth quite a bit and paid the money for it. Why? It had parts on it that were more difficult to obtain. And they were anno'd a solid matching color. The barrels were sized specifically to the kit and they were freaked with one being a rain cover barrel. It becomes an options game on the end.

Quote:
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
My sentiments exactly. I picked up a phantom worth quite a bit and paid the money for it. Why? It had parts on it that were more difficult to obtain. And they were anno'd a solid matching color. The barrels were sized specifically to the kit and they were freaked with one being a rain cover barrel. It becomes an options game on the end.
Rare parts do help in the case of phantoms.
Punisher pieces, frantoms, internals, pool ball pumps, etc.

I'm not sure if anyone remembers this. But a basic buzzard went for about what? $450-550. All of a sudden people dumped their buzzards and they were going for $300-350. For that price, I'd pick up that buzzard and dump my phantom.

What people need to realize about paintball and values is this, it is mostly hype and perspective driven. There are those that go, "Oh man, I can get xyz marker, drive the value up, and then dump it for profit." The thing is, that is part of the past. In this economy, not everyone has the means to afford the higher end markers or multiples of low/mid end items.

Add to the equation the lack of buyers that used to buy and sell items, well, the market value of items start to decline.

If an item is in high demand, the value will be there. When it isn't it will decline. Simple economics, but with a paintball twist.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
I always laugh when people reanno something hoping that it will increase the value of a marker. Sure it increases the value for the original person, but everything else is null.
Yup. You anodize a gun for yourself or maybe if there's damaged or mismatched parts. Expecting other people to pay more because you made the gun how you like it is a bit unreasonable. When you do something unique, you limit your potential buyers to people who like what you did or like the same things as you.
DIY Paintball Stuff!

Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI