mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 05-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
depot damager

It takes too long to think. Practice snap shooting.
anomoly40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
I used a ghost ring for a little bit, the only problem was that because of how I tilt the gun, the balls were landing on the outside edge of the ring, vs. right on the post. If you keep your gun straight as you snap, you wont have issue, but if you're used to tucking a hopper into the bunker, it probably wont work out as well.
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB
LilShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by resistance16 View Post
Sights? On a phantom? I didn't think anyone actually used the ghost rings. All the pump guys I play with all just look down the side of the barrel or over the top. I think the ghost ring would just get in my way.
actually for those who are accustomed to flashing sight picture having the ring on the target area is also very reflexive and they shoot really consistently and quickly.

It is all a matter of which method works best for the individual.

my mcb feedback
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Summer's a-commin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by resistance16 View Post
Sights? On a phantom? I didn't think anyone actually used the ghost rings. All the pump guys I play with all just look down the side of the barrel or over the top. I think the ghost ring would just get in my way.
I tilt and aim down the side in most cases, but I use a red dot on top to target long shots or to hit players through very small gaps. If you're tilting the gun to sight along the barrel it doesn't really matter if there's a sight on top or not. The first way is faster and generally gets me the shots I want, but the red dot means I know I will make the shot. That said, even with a red dot or a ghost ring you still need to practice for different distances to get used to the arc of the paintball and how it changes as you shoot deeper into a 12ie - same as you do for sighting down the side of the barrel.

tl;dr Use both and practice.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
Stock class SPAM

Yes practice snap shooting! Shoot a case to get your muscle memory going. If you really want more precise stuff get a red dot. I also shoot with my middle finger and my index finger naturally extends along the trigger frame so it looks like I'm pointing. That way is just point and shoot. Comfy for me too. Stitch is correct most players will find a happy style to shoot and it will work. Some people cant shoot sights or rings, some people can.

I always use an Armosn OEG sight when playing. I used to shoot no sight when I first started for about 3 years. I can still shoot fine with no sight though.40% of my team have started to convert to Reflex sights or red dots recently. But our best player still shoots no sight no ring and can instinct shoot with insane accuracy. He spent time and cases worth of paint shooting at tiny targets in his back yard.
808Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

I just put my nose against the back of the marker and look at what I want to shoot. Works well for me. Actually, I do this with all my guns
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
The long grey line

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
point your finger on the pump handle at your target...your brain will line it up faster than you can process "im aiming"
-Hornet's Nest Killhouse 2012(5th)-
WestPointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #18 (permalink)

Use the force Luke.
wpshin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #19 (permalink)

Bigballa - that works until you shoot an autococker without a beavertail.
Cannon Fodder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:13 AM   #20 (permalink)

I used to use my thumb when i used my over-cocking handle. It was just how i held the grip. Now that i have an under-cocking barrel pump i shoot more with reflex. I just haven't perfected the technique yet. I changed my setup again with a t-stock and ghost and it feels like i'm limiting myself, but i will try it again to see if i like it or not. It just feels like i can't get into tighter positions with the stock.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI