mcarterbrown.com
 

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2012, 01:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Buzz Killington
 
Scharfschutze91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Miami, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
vsc
freak bored 12 inch barrel
asp ported tpc
red main spring

shooting around 280 +/- 5ish
90* weather + 80% humidity

I get around 42 good shots from a crossman 12 gram.
I am quoting myself here guys, this weekend i was using the SAME set up as above.
I was using JT 12 grams. And no joking around or exaggerating: I GOT THROUGH 15 ROUNDS OF MY FEED TUBE + 4 TEN ROUND TUBES + 4 MORE SHOTS BEFORE MY SHOTS STARTED DROPPING. (I was shooting 265-270) in the past scenario this weekend.

I was amazed! And then after switching 12 grams, i got another 51 good shots from each 12 gram (just about).

Weather: 90*F
__________________
Original Member of Tactical Assault Group (T.A.G.) from South Florida.
Our site: www.tagpaintballteam.com

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Rsole82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
I am quoting myself here guys, this weekend i was using the SAME set up as above.
I was using JT 12 grams. And no joking around or exaggerating: I GOT THROUGH 15 ROUNDS OF MY FEED TUBE + 4 TEN ROUND TUBES + 4 MORE SHOTS BEFORE MY SHOTS STARTED DROPPING. (I was shooting 265-270) in the past scenario this weekend.

I was amazed! And then after switching 12 grams, i got another 51 good shots from each 12 gram (just about).

Weather: 90*F
thats insane!! u achieved that infamous 50 that everyone tries for
__________________
THE SENTINELS

proudly sponsored by

www.paintballgear.ca
www.battlefieldsports.ca
Rsole82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Buzz Killington
 
Scharfschutze91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Miami, FL

i was amazed! I had loaded one 12 gram before the first games, and then i remember i had shot through my entire 15 round feed, and i just kept reloading and i noticed i had gone through 4 tubes entirely and then another few shots around 4 or so from the following tube before i had to reload the 12 gram. I will definitely be buying the JT 12 grams again.

My bad, the only thing i changed was i put the silver main spring inside, instead of the red one i normally use since I had to go down to 280 fps. But i was just shooting 260-265/265-270 all weekend.
__________________
Original Member of Tactical Assault Group (T.A.G.) from South Florida.
Our site: www.tagpaintballteam.com

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Active Member
 
BassDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i was amazed! I had loaded one 12 gram before the first games, and then i remember i had shot through my entire 15 round feed, and i just kept reloading and i noticed i had gone through 4 tubes entirely and then another few shots around 4 or so from the following tube before i had to reload the 12 gram. I will definitely be buying the JT 12 grams again.

My bad, the only thing i changed was i put the silver main spring inside, instead of the red one i normally use since I had to go down to 280 fps. But i was just shooting 260-265/265-270 all weekend.
I'd like to see written results of that over a chrono. Not calling shens necessarily, but I just want to see some sort of proof of someone hitting 50 shots a 12ie. I haven't ever seen any.
BassDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oh Hi Oh

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassDude View Post
I'd like to see written results of that over a chrono. Not calling shens necessarily, but I just want to see some sort of proof of someone hitting 50 shots a 12ie. I haven't ever seen any.
guys in hawaii do it all the time from what I've heard.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floundah View Post
Now that's something worth fundraising for, an MCB zombie defense fort. With indoor fields. And blackjack. And hookers.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Buzz Killington
 
Scharfschutze91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Miami, FL

if i could sit over a consistent chrono all day i would gladly write that stuff down. but i chronod my phantom at 260-265 before the game started with my set up that i described above. i was using a JT 12 gram.
I started playing, did not tweak my phantom in any way.
By the time i noticed i was refilling my 5th ten round tube into my 15 round feed. And i managed to get another 4 or 5 shots from it. I even checked into my dump pouch to count the amount of tubes i had shot + my feed from that one 12 gram. And then i managed to continue getting 4 tubes + what was in my feed normally the rest of the time with the JT 12vies
__________________
Original Member of Tactical Assault Group (T.A.G.) from South Florida.
Our site: www.tagpaintballteam.com

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario Canada

Using my previously posted marker configuration, I got these results today.
Its about 15 degrees celcius and I was shooting slowly over a handheld chrony.
(Nr = no reading)
Nr
256
252
260
255
260
Nr
258
263
260
261
262
Paint reload
257
256
263
258
256
Nr
244
241
Nr
Nr
Paint reload
241
243
246
242
242
236
230
241
239
231
Paint reload
239
Nr
222
216
216
166
139
Nr
Nr
Vent

I was aiming for about 260 fps, but I probably wouldn't notice paint drop off til about 240 or less. Then I would normally change my 12ie. My fluted hammer should be in shortly, and I will take another test when it does.
Pat.
__________________
Canadian Response
Feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave.
I don't wanna die, I'm a god, why can't I live on?
When the Life Giver dies, all around is laid waste.
And in my last hour,
I'm a slave to the power of death.
p-bpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
Not a Squatch...
 
Timber_Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Peoria, IL
Send a message via AIM to Timber_Ghost

I just got my phantom in the mail from stanchy.



Came freak bored with a polished hammer. 8" barrel running a .682 insert, I got 36 usable shots per 12ie.

Then I threw in an ASP ported TPC and two #10 washers in the valve. 54 shots. 50 usable. It seems like it is shooting hot from shots 1 through 40. This is compared to all of my other guns, which have all been chrono'd to 280.

BTW, my TPC is backed all the way out with stock springs. I ordered some springs from Titus to get my velocity down a little bit. Will post chrono results when I get a chance.
__________________
MY FEEDBACK
Timber_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC