mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 05-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

You can buy one here. They go for about $50 new. This was purchased on ebay for $30.

[url=http://www.henryrepeating.com/st-large-loop.cfm]Henry Repeating Arms | Fine Rifles Made in America and Priced Right[/url

You will have to cut off the top part with a dremel then drill and tap the top for a set screw.

Enjoy.
Teimusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I'm liking that the stock appears to be milled for side plates or a faux "receiver"... That's the one thing that I always feel is missing from most Sheridan levers, with the notable exception of a few Damage Inc. guns...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
The Millrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teimusan View Post
You can buy one here. They go for about $50 new. This was purchased on ebay for $30.

[url=http://www.henryrepeating.com/st-large-loop.cfm]Henry Repeating Arms | Fine Rifles Made in America and Priced Right[/url

You will have to cut off the top part with a dremel then drill and tap the top for a set screw.

Enjoy.
Yep, this phantom is for Teimusan, I was fortunate enough to have him provide the lever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
I'm liking that the stock appears to be milled for side plates or a faux "receiver"... That's the one thing that I always feel is missing from most Sheridan levers, with the notable exception of a few Damage Inc. guns...
I also think having the milled in side plates add alot to the look, and in this case, the function of the setup since the actuating lever will be located on the outside of the stock and not internally. I am considering making another phantom lever action rifle with a fully aluminum trigger group that replicates the lever action receiver, so we'll see how that goes in the near future hopefully.
O'Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

I originally was going to use a modified Sheridan stock for this project. He thought it would look better if we made a brand new stock. It looks great. I can't wait to see the finished product.
Teimusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Lane View Post
Yep, this phantom is for Teimusan, I was fortunate enough to have him provide the lever.

I also think having the milled in side plates add alot to the look, and in this case, the function of the setup since the actuating lever will be located on the outside of the stock and not internally. I am considering making another phantom lever action rifle with a fully aluminum trigger group that replicates the lever action receiver, so we'll see how that goes in the near future hopefully.
Just send me your paypal email again, and a price
FEEDBACK
Old 05-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to esparzar Send a message via MSN to esparzar Send a message via Yahoo to esparzar

still think an octagonal one piece is the way to go to give it that authentic look.
esparzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar View Post
still think an octagonal one piece is the way to go to give it that authentic look.
Yeah, until you try finding octagonal stock anywhere... Believe me, I looked into this for my DRV when I was traying to make it a Colt Navy lookalike, hexagonal is everywhere but octagonal in a size big enough for a barrel isn't easy to come by.
FEEDBACK
Old 05-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
Rec Poster

This is going to be sexy!! Subbed!!
Gambit88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:18 AM   #19 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I love seeing people work on the lever nelson design. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

What was the reasoning behind going with an external design instead of the internal style?
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
The Millrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Yeah, until you try finding octagonal stock anywhere... Believe me, I looked into this for my DRV when I was traying to make it a Colt Navy lookalike, hexagonal is everywhere but octagonal in a size big enough for a barrel isn't easy to come by.
Yeah, finding octagonal tubing is tough, not to mention finding it with a decent size bore if you don't want to have it drilled out, etc. Now you could get aluminum tubing and machine the walls down to make it octagonal, but all it all, it's a lot work.

Here's an update, got alot of work done including the base plate, stock inletting, new trigger group and trigger... Consider the last two things a gift Teimusan, I now we didn't discuss replacing those but the stock was screaming for some new internal hardware. There's still plenty of work to do, but you'll get the general idea. Onto the good stuff, photos... (The brass cam in the photos will be replaced, it's just there for mock-up)

Cheers'
Dan
O'Lane is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI