mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2012, 12:32 AM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
Tick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: portland or

I wanna rock it like the "Rifleman"!! Sexy beast, that!!
Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:39 AM   #22 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM
 
senghing27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Baseplate looks really really good! Great work Dan!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Senghing, you are the happiest paintballer ever.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:23 AM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006

Wow. It looks great. It just keeps looking better and better than the original design. Dan you are the man.
Teimusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:18 AM   #24 (permalink)
The Millrat
 
O'Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
I love seeing people work on the lever nelson design. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

What was the reasoning behind going with an external design instead of the internal style?
Went with the external design for simplicity as well as strength. With the stock being machined flat to replicate a receiver, I wanted to keep the internal moving pieces to a minimum as I didn't want the trigger group any wider than necessary due to the thinness of the walls on the stock... Inletting that stock was nerve racking with only 1/4" wood walls on either side of the trigger group. We're also treating this as a "prototype" for future designs, so being able to adjust parts simply will help refine the design over time. I would like to make a completely internal design as well sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teimusan View Post
Wow. It looks great. It just keeps looking better and better than the original design. Dan you are the man.
Glad you like it Tim, the base plate in the photos is sticking out a bit, once pushed in all the way it sits flush and will really look great once it's cleaned up some.
__________________
Custom Parts Machining... Feel Free to Contact
"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"
God Bless America
O'Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM
 
senghing27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Lane View Post
Went with the external design for simplicity as well as strength. With the stock being machined flat to replicate a receiver, I wanted to keep the internal moving pieces to a minimum as I didn't want the trigger group any wider than necessary due to the thinness of the walls on the stock... Inletting that stock was nerve racking with only 1/4" wood walls on either side of the trigger group. We're also treating this as a "prototype" for future designs, so being able to adjust parts simply will help refine the design over time. I would like to make a completely internal design as well sometime soon.
Yeah, there's not a whole lot of room for error while you're inletting the stock.
Keep up the good work man!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Senghing, you are the happiest paintballer ever.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
The Millrat
 
O'Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007

Got some work on the cam done this morning, it's all steel construction which was welded and ground smooth. Time to hope onto modding the body/bolt and figure out the linkage from there.



__________________
Custom Parts Machining... Feel Free to Contact
"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"
God Bless America
O'Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
The Millrat
 
O'Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007

More progress, and on a side note, the drilling of phantom bolts should be illegal, what a pain to do.

__________________
Custom Parts Machining... Feel Free to Contact
"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"
God Bless America
O'Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #28 (permalink)
Stock class SPAM
 
808Jackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI

wow.... Just take my money already
808Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #29 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM
 
senghing27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Stainless steel is a b.....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Senghing, you are the happiest paintballer ever.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #30 (permalink)
depot damager
 
anomoly40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Central Arkansas

You used high speed steel drill?
anomoly40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC