mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 11-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #51 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penarol10 View Post
CCI makes an undercocking kit!?!>>!>!!>!>!??!>!!>!?

I really have been out of this for a while
Yes. Similar to the wevo uc kit.
Aw1195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1yeh View Post
Turning the TPC clockwise-> increasing the strength of the mainspring-> turning up the velocity->
Yea, I would say this supports my theory that the springs inside the breech are the main driving force of returning the pump.
You could also try using the RED mainspring (that is the strongest spring).
Some one correct me if I'm wrong, but what does this spring has to do with the pump returning to the forward position when the hammer is cocked? That spring is compressed between the hammer and bolt, so how does it assist the pump in coming to the forward position? I know it does it when there is no air because the gun isn't cocking but with air?

I'm not familiar with the forward return pump since mine doesn't do it and I never had a pump that did, so it is natural for me to have to do ONE full pump cycle manually. I'm curious about this now and will like to try it. Mine doesn't have the return spring but I'm planning on ordering the UC anyways, will it come with the spring?
MR_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #53 (permalink)
Summer's a-commin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_Rick View Post
Some one correct me if I'm wrong, but what does this spring has to do with the pump returning to the forward position when the hammer is cocked? That spring is compressed between the hammer and bolt, so how does it assist the pump in coming to the forward position? I know it does it when there is no air because the gun isn't cocking but with air?

I'm not familiar with the forward return pump since mine doesn't do it and I never had a pump that did, so it is natural for me to have to do ONE full pump cycle manually. I'm curious about this now and will like to try it. Mine doesn't have the return spring but I'm planning on ordering the UC anyways, will it come with the spring?
No you're not wrong. When aired up the internal springs have nothing to do with returning the pump forward. The main spring between the hammer and the bolt is compressed between the two as you suggest and the valve spring is not connected to the pump arm in any way.

The pump return spring is appreciated by some, is annoying to others, and some of us just don't care if it's on there or not. It doesn't come with the UC kit so you'd have to order it, but if you do you will also want to ask for the little plastic washer that sits on the pump arm against the trigger frame. Without the little plastic washer (and even with, but less so), the return spring is compressed against the trigger frame, which in turn pushes it against the pump arm because of how it is angled - this causes noticeable friction on the pump arm.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:06 AM   #54 (permalink)

I just had an issue with a new Phantom and a UC kit-- the pump arm was rubbing against the screw for the UC kit. I had to reassemble the gun a few times in order for it to run smoothly. If I get really impatient I'll file a little of the pump arm away where it's touching the the UC kit screw.

The return spring still will not overcome a red mainspring, though. :P

Last edited by NotBrian; 12-08-2012 at 04:18 PM.
NotBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #55 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I use a rainman kit with deadlywind freak barrel. I have no problems. Rainman's kit does have some vertical play, but overall much less play than wevo/cci kit.
With the Rainman kit, I tried shims but it just ended up binding on me. I solved the vertical play problem by using blue loctite on the pump rod screwed into the pump handle. Super smooth!
m1yeh is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI