mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 08-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Phantom CCI undercocking kit problem.

Hi fellow MCB,

I recently purchase a phantom with a CCI undercocking pump kit and every cock with air (HPA) the pump handle will stay in place, not finishing the complete "maneuver" of cocking back and then automatically pushing the pump handle back into the original position where I can just pump and then shoot. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Aw1195
Aw1195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
CxT
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw1195 View Post
Hi fellow MCB,

I recently purchase a phantom with a CCI undercocking pump kit and every cock with air (HPA) the pump handle will stay in place, not finishing the complete "maneuver" of cocking back and then automatically pushing the pump handle back into the original position where I can just pump and then shoot. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Aw1195
Just to be sure, you installed the pump return spring?

There should be a long spring that goes on the cocking rod, and a small partial white washer that keeps the spring from binding in the body. If the washer isn't there, its likely the spring has nothing to push against and is actually moving inside the body rather than providing return force.

If this is a problem only with HPA, that does seem a bit on the odd side..
CxT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

also check to see if the pump rod is threaded all the way into the pump handle:
if yes, unscrew it until it is threaded with half of the threads showing.
check the alignment of the pump rod and the bolt--if these are off slightly it can cause binding.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Okay, I see the problem now, there isnt a pump return spring. Is there a place where I can just purchase the pump return spring only for the CCI undercocking pump kit?
Old 08-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Legolas - No, there is some thread showing on the pump handle, and the alignment of the pump rod is attached the the bolt.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
CxT
Rec Poster

You should be able to use the one on your standard pump... I'm not entirely sure about that one though, since I never had the original pump handle (I got mine with undercocking from factory)
CxT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I ghetto made a return spring, ill upload a pic to see if it corresponds correctly to what you were talking about.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Name:  20120814_231416.jpg
Views: 1021
Size:  268.6 KB
Old 08-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw1195 View Post
Okay, I see the problem now, there isnt a pump return spring. Is there a place where I can just purchase the pump return spring only for the CCI undercocking pump kit?
Call Mike at CCI and order a pump return spring. It's the same spring as factory, and it goes on the cocking arm... I see what you did there, but you need the spring for the cocking arm.
fauxmulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
batteries not required

CCM Fan
you don't need the return spring on the pump/bolt rod. a return spring does it's job as long as the pump handle/bolt returns to it's forward position through spring action. having the spring on the UC kit pump guide is just fine if the spring has enough tension to return the bolt full forward.

or if you prefer to order one straight from CCI, i believe mike charges $2 for a return spring; however i might not be correct on that
uNrattedd is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI