mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 08-25-2012, 02:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

undercocking kit that still uses the stock thumb screw
stable pump guide rods
86* grips
moar brass
phantom barrel threads foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
control bored barrels
detents built into body, such as ASP's
more valve options
slide trigger
gas in grip--slam or bucket, such as Dukie's
gas thru grip option
Semi-Auto or Pneumatic Assist pump kit that bolts on where the verltical ASA goes
steel body
phuzzard style body/pump/bolt
compact valve/reg combo
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
South African pump player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
undercocking kit that still uses the stock thumb screw
stable pump guide rods
86* grips
phantom barrel threads foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Wait, what? Nooo, some of us invested in autococker barrels to use it on more than one marker, including phantom (if it was ever an option besides the ASP body)
control bored barrels I might agree but that brings us back to the previous point and it would add to costs again.
detents built into body, such as ASP's
slide trigger
phuzzard style body/pump/bolt
compact valve/reg combo I'm not to worried about this
My thoughts in red.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

can't a guy dream?
I realize everyone else has a collection of a/c threaded barrels. I don't. I have the equivalent collection in phantom barrels. I want to get an RTR a/c-->phantom barrel adapter for my automag. I know everyone here wants every barrel thread to be converted to a/c. I love all my 7/8 phantom barrels. I would like the phantom to keep its current threading. not that its a big deal. at all.
Cost? who said anything about cost/logistics/marketability/laws of physics? I'm just dreaming.
not everyone (and by this I mean almost no one) needs a compact, CCI-made, phantom compatible regulator. I, for one, enjoy the form, function, and reliability of palmer's stabilizer regs, but would like a more compact version made to fit the phantom.*
*I know, mike has basically done just this, with the reg for the revolution.

oh, and red is usually reserved for mods.

realistically, I have no significant complaints about my phantoms as they are. I own a few phantoms, have many ways of setting them up, and love the buttons off of all of my phantoms.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum

Last edited by Legolas; 08-26-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
RTR
MCB Member

RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

- Undercocking kit that uses the stock thumbscrew
- better mounting for the vertical adapter..the screws on the frame tend to get stripped out faster than the others in my experience
- Lever changer for the drop out (coming soon I hope..)

Other than that, the Phantom is pretty much the ipitomy of a true pump gun. Easy to maintain, stupid simple to customize, and everyone's complaints have already been answered by other companies (ASP, SSC, CCM, Palmers, etc). If you want the same options on a Phantom as a CCM, expect to be paying more of a CCM price.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
Stock Class vs Agglets!!!

I can't say that I've owned (or used) a Phantom, but these are my thoughts.

First of all, I dislike the undercocking kit on a SC pump.

also, I think that the Phantom is pretty much the perfect gun already, and making it better from the factory would just end up hurting the huge Phantom aftermarket.
LibertyRadeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
AKA "BlackGates-5"

Location: Live in Denver, CO; Working in the Gila National Forest, NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
LOL...
O-RINGS FOR SALE (EVERY SIZE! ANY QTY!): http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...110-115-a.html

My Feedback:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

VOTE SLIM A:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ote-slims.html
short304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #28 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I think most of what's been said to upgrade the phantom are excellent ideas.

I would love to see something, either like a phuzzard mod or dual pump rod design almost like the Gargoyle to reduce pump slop and side to side play, and hopefully make it just a bit smoother of a pump stroke.
MagellanV13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #29 (permalink)

Leave it as it is, maybe Mike could copy some of the aftermarket stuff to cash in on it but you can pretty much get any variation you want from aftermarket parts. One of the great things about it is how little it has changed over the years - if it ain't broke.....
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
Leave it as it is, maybe Mike could copy some of the aftermarket stuff to cash in on it but you can pretty much get any variation you want from aftermarket parts. One of the great things about it is how little it has changed over the years - if it ain't broke.....
he already has...
  • i had a SC/OC adapter prototype, 6 weeks later, he had one. (yes i know noxx and lapco made em too, but mike didnt show any interest until after one of my young guns went up raving about how amazing and sturdy mine was)
  • asp was doing oring tpc's forever, i start doing em, mike now offers them stock
  • asp makes a cocker threaded breech, the revolution will have an AC threaded breech (Eventually)

he keeps saying he might offer a stock freak compatable freak back too...
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI