mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 09-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via MSN to Simbrian

Exclamation Need mounting suggestions

I would like to run a 13/3000 tank horizontally above my T stock on my phantom but I am not sure how I can achieve this. I've spent quite a lot of time looking at different ASAs and drop forwards but I can't see any combinations that might work without custom parts being made. I wouldn't mind paying to have a custom block made but I would prefer to save that for my last resort.

Thanks!
Old 09-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Paintball Fox

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
7 oz tank stock. Would also work on 22ci, 13 ci or 10 oz tanks. Goes around tank and uses 4 set screws to clamp. Includes 4 sets screw in plastic bag. - Misc Stocks - Stocks - Air / Bottomlines

http://www.baccipaintball.com/air-bo...e-spacing.html
PaintballGear / Ansgear
Feedback
Was sponsored by(2010):
Point Of View Cameras - For your helmet camera needs
Quote:
Originally Posted by destro7976 View Post
Yeah that's the plan. I want to play with it this summer and see if I can develop a relationship with her. Good luck with your sale man.
BenoitOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

I know White Wolf Airsmithing has some tank rings that mount on a CCI stock. He isnt the fastest in the world but he is legit.

http://www.whitewolfairsmithing.com/cci parts.htm
MikeyD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

^^^WWA is not legit. avoid him if possible unless buying through ebay where you can get ebay on your side to get your stuff/money back.

that aside...

I prefer to have a tank with an angled ASA fixed against my shoulder to stabilize the gun. Aesthetically and functionally I prefer the CCI angled ASA with a 45/4500 or a 13/3000 (plus 3/4 tennis ball) tank. It removes the added weight of the stock and utilizes the tank to accomplish the same function. I also use a palmers stabilizer on the veritical asa. Also of note, I run Nitro Duck iReg tank regs (which are abnormally long:~1 5/8 inches) which add to the length of the short tanks.

If you wanted your tank horizontal to the barrel (and you are using a frame that has a bottom), you could use a palmer's female stabilizer and a ring mount (I have this set up on my capped 'mag--super light, slick).

As far as missing the adjustability of the cci t-stock: well, I have adjusted myself. and I would rather have a solid platform than something that is adjustable and might come loose in the middle of the fray. Also, is the cci t-stock really that comfortable/advantageous??? in my experience, while it is functional, I would refrain from calling it comfortable. its points get tangled in fabric. It is elegant, simple and fitting to the phantom, but it is a long way from a marksmen's stock of choice.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum

Last edited by Legolas; 09-16-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
As far as missing the adjustability of the cci t-stock: well, I have adjusted myself. and I would rather have a solid platform than something that is adjustable and might come loose in the middle of the fray. Also, is the cci t-stock really that comfortable/advantageous??? in my experience, while it is functional, I would refrain from calling it comfortable. its points get tangled in fabric. It is elegant, simple and fitting to the phantom, but it is a long way from a marksmen's stock of choice.
The only problem is that I have very long arms and I was concerned that just using the tank as a stock might not be long enough.

I may just need to give it a try though. It seems as though that is my best choice since I am unwilling to pin the tank inside of a sleeve using set screws.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Thumbs up

This is how I run the 13/3000s on my Phantoms.
I'm of average stature (5'11") & the CP mini drop is perfect.

Unconscious Competent: Eventually, after enough practice, the given task will become second nature and it will no longer feel "uncomfortable".

Yomama101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Does that braided line interfere with your grip at all?
Old 09-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
^^^WWA is not legit. avoid him if possible unless buying through ebay where you can get ebay on your side to get your stuff/money back.

that aside...

I prefer to have a tank with an angled ASA fixed against my shoulder to stabilize the gun. Aesthetically and functionally I prefer the CCI angled ASA with a 45/4500 or a 13/3000 (plus 3/4 tennis ball) tank. It removes the added weight of the stock and utilizes the tank to accomplish the same function. I also use a palmers stabilizer on the veritical asa. Also of note, I run Nitro Duck iReg tank regs (which are abnormally long:~1 5/8 inches) which add to the length of the short tanks.

If you wanted your tank horizontal to the barrel (and you are using a frame that has a bottom), you could use a palmer's female stabilizer and a ring mount (I have this set up on my capped 'mag--super light, slick).

hmmm, didnt know that. Ordered from him a few months ago with no problems, other than the time it took to get to me. Maybe things have changed...
MikeyD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

i did this once, what i did was cut a piece of 1/4" thick aluminum, about 4" long, drilled holes to mount to grip, and two more at other end, mount an asa upside down on top of it, and the stock mounted to grip thru the piece. bam. tank mounted above stock behind the grip. sorry, dont have any pics, but if needed i can do a mock up (i lost the piece i made long ago)

MCB Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
paintballer.ca Feedback: http://paintballer.ca/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8390

Red/Black acid wash phantom, highly customized
Good ol' PGP
s151990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

I have one gloss black WWA tank ring i might be willing to part with. Never been used
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI