mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 09-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Drilling the trigger guard?

Can you guys give me any advice on drilling the guard for a vert asa?
moonedzx9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

Use metal drill bits, lubricant, clamps/vices, and drill steady/slow.
there are two holes already in it? you can get a stock vertical ASA direct from CCI? it is not quite vertical, but angled back slightly. can you describe what you are doing more? the DT1 U/C kit has a custom vertical ASA.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

I guess I should have gave more details. I bought a old unibody and did a body swap on it. Now I'm wanting to switch it over to vsc.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Summer's a-commin'

Have you thought about putting a 45 grip frame on there instead and running a bottom line or island style (bottom asa opening forwards to the front of the gun) instead?

Drilling and getting the correct hole spacing for a vertical asa may be more pain than it's worth. Just a thought.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

you could even pull it off with a hand drill and bit. use some masking tape over the area to be drilled and mark off centers. go slow and steady.

the holes appear to be 5/16" to me, but someone with calipers may be able to give you a better reading on that.

the holes are not threaded or particularly precise. should be no problem for a garage-mod. But then again, I chop down automag rails and bodies with diamond cut-off wheels and a dremel.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks guys. I'm going to give a go and see what happens.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI