mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCI (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/)
-   -   Offset Duckslide (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/215123-offset-duckslide.html)

toymachine 10-03-2012 01:50 PM

Offset Duckslide

Do they make duck slides for the offset r/f stock class? That would be so awesome - the closest thing to a Redux or actual Duck! After all, I don't want my-soon-to-be duck to get lonely...

I didn't realize CCI made offset bodies, but I'm not gonna complain! When did this start? This only came to my attention because haveblue is selling them on ASP. Thanks!

Greenmtnphantom 10-03-2012 02:11 PM

Couple years ago I believe, he doesn't update well so it's hard to tell.

russc 10-03-2012 02:12 PM

You could always buy a DSP slide...

toymachine 10-03-2012 03:17 PM

^true, and I like the stationary feedtube design, but, I mean, then it's not a duckslide :(

Legolas 10-03-2012 07:51 PM

I have had a duckslide (center feed), have a rh dsp, and have a rh home-mod duckslide. Don't bother with either flavor (right or center) duckslide.

The mod for the rh duckslide is pretty straight forward:
1. grind new feed hole next to original using dremel.
2. fill in old feed hole using epoxy/bondo.
3. tap slide for new feed tube screw.

Clearly, this mod requires a complete disregard for the sanctity of the duck and a deeply seated thirst for the abnormal.

After some use, the duckslides have revealed their critical flaw to me: even a careful, experienced stock class player will encounter ball pinching despite being aware of the problem. To me this is to much of a sacrifice for what amounts to a cosmetic upgrade of the pump handle. The right hand style feed puts slightly less pressure on the stack, resulting in less force that might contribute to the pinching problem. Although the rh duckslide may appear to combat the pinching problem, it is a band aid on a broken limb.

The DSP is the way to go... except that it is delrin. no me gusta. My dream is to cut, carve, whittle and dremel away a block of wood until I have made a wooden dsp style slide.

edit: this has me thinking about selling the rh duckslide. any takers? :D

808Jackal 10-03-2012 07:57 PM

What?! The CF Duckslide pinches too? Mine's not even in from ano...

senghing27 10-03-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 808Jackal (Post 2493648)

Just learn to shoot without pinching. :D

Lindsay 10-03-2012 10:44 PM

I modified one of my feeds for my duck and am very happy with it, I can always have just 1 ball over the breach so no pinches.

toymachine 10-04-2012 02:05 AM

Thanks for the info everyone!

Donut SD 10-04-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 808Jackal (Post 2493648)

Strange, I've never pinched one off before.