mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 10-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Barrel question and c02 pressure question

Does anyone ever use a different barrel for there phantom ? Or do you just have it bore'd for freak or use techt kit ?

And also is 800 psi the highest you can get with a 12 gram on a phantom ? If no how to you up the pressure, I just bought me a phantom and just wondering.

Thanks

Empire sniper for sale - http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/p...motorcyle.html
Falconpunch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

here the barrels it have for my phantom i have 3 stock barrels 2 have ports one does not. i also have 3 dye boomsticks. one a one piece one, one stander one piece with freak bore system, and one stainless steal barrel which makes to heavy. i also frantom barrel. also have all amercain barrel for it. also you need to read this part really good not sure if you know this or been told this but people where will shine in on this. over the years the phantom had 3 change to gun. the first one does not let remove barrel. the second had removable barrel but threading is little different from the third he made the threading different on third so it can use bored out barrels that use freaks. there also freak back you can get for phantom but you need to get under cocking kit or get handle that is cut out to expect freak backs. also when you change your barrels around you have keep change psi on the guns since each barrel will effect how fast you shoot. all in total i have 8 phantom barrels for 2 phantoms. other people will shine on the fact not all bored out barrels to use freaks will not work on all phantoms do fact of year it was made or threading on gun. to me if get barrel bored out freak send the gun with barrel so they can get threading to match it right. also not sure if you know this or not. but if really windy out side you do not want to use ported barrel on phantom since ball will fly all over place.

Last edited by chrislognshot; 10-10-2012 at 06:17 PM.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

What is your guys pressure gauge reading after you put a 12g in there ?

Old 10-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

i have never use pressure gauge. since only way i had my guns set ups where vsc and stick feed. more will shine in one this. since i do not know if good or bad idea use a pressure gauge with 12gram since shoots will vary do to fact some times hard to match paintball's to barrels
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

on my VSC I've had 600psi on a cold day (about 5 degees c), 1,200psi on a really hot day (about 28 degrees c) in the UK when putting a fresh 12 gram on.
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Pressure sorta varies like we've all said lol I got four barrels. Two are freaked bored, two are not. If you're not into freak boring, techt kits are a nice start. Ccm makes a cci dedicated sizers for phantom barrels. Plenty of options and much fun to be had
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Stock class SPAM

12 gram pressure should read about 800 for normal warm weather. It will depend on location for sure. Hawaii 800psi happy warm day.

Barrels...
CCI Stock (freak bored), CCI carbon fiber SS tip, DYE ultralight (freak bored) x2, DYE Stainless Steel, DYE Boomstick x2 (freak bored) x1, Palmer's Brass (single spiral port), BOA Concealer, BOA express (freak bored), BOA snakebite x1 (freak bored) x1, Armson rifled, Carter Un-ob-Titanium x2 (mwahahaha), J&J ceramic, lapco autpspirit, Deadlywind, and a few more somewhere in the closet I can't remember...

Personal take on Freak inserts: they are awesome for shot count coupled with a fluted hammer from ASP or SSC, springed right! 40+ shots a 12 gram easy! I have used both SS and Brass inserts with varied results. I have converted most of my aluminum barrels to fit Freaks so I don't have to worry about shrinking paint sizes mainly. Accuracy with them is questionable. So far my favorite barrel to shoot is the Palmer's again. With the right paint I get magical unicorn shots at long range! I have tried out 70% of the barrels made for phantoms and still like this barrel the most. But don't take my word for it, I don't have data to back it up.

I still go to Freak inserts when shooting evil and RPS. It's a worthwhile investment since you can't always pick your paint. If you can get the big stuff like Anarchy and Valken Redemption I would suggest a Bookmstick, DYE SS or a palmer's.
808Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah, I just got a freak kit So I just need the money for my barrel to be bored then ill be set but while I wait my blitz can use the freak kit.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Don't forget that a 12g is nothing more than a set amount (<12 grams of liquid co2) of co2, like any other co2 tank (although unlike a full refillable tank, the 12g cartridge is more full of liquid co2 and have a lower gaseous co2 to liquid co2 ratio).

I'd really, really suggest you read over this to re-familiarize yourself with co2 use in paintball. Very important info, stuff anyone who plays should know. It's essential to having fun, because if you can't stay safe you won't get the chance to have lots and lots of fun! CO2 Dynamics

In terms of 12g pressure, as others have said it's 800-900ish psi depending on temperature. In 110 degree weather once North of Los Angeles, I noticed on my first phantom with a bobbed valve and gauge that the pressure was about 1000psi. So in hot weather the pressure can increase, but I've never heard of someone who experience it go above 1.2+k psi (at which point the pressure relief valve mandated by law to be in place on the co2 tank's pin valve blew, venting gas). And that was a very extreme case. Generally when it's 75-90 I never see above 775-925psi.

In cold weather the co2 has a harder time boiling off into gas (liquid co2 boils off at room temperature into high pressure/800-900psi ish gas). When it's freezing outside you'll have a hard time reaching near the normal 850psi stock operating pressure of the phantom. But in that case your gun would draw some liquid, which along with siphon kits for tanks is pretty much the only way to use co2 in cold weather at usable velocity.

AND always remember, there is no way to increase the pressure of co2 or hpa your gun is drawing from either a 12g or 12oz co2 tank or 45ci or 88ci hpa tank. Your only option other than running at the tank's output pressure is using a regulator, which of course lowers its input pressure.

In terms of the freak inserts, you can always by a new pump handle from ASP with a 1" id that allows you to use other back on your gun specifically made to take freak inserts (WWA and GOG I think make them with phantom threads, but not 100% sure).
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

If you have your main phantom barrel bored for freak inserts do you still have to buy a new handle ?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI