mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 11-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
If you had to pick one over the other . .

I am doing another ridiculous build (only because I miss my old one) I am not telling you what I am building because that will influence your choice. I should have never sold my last one . Anyways, I would like to hear your opinion(s) concerning which valve I should choose. "If you had to pick one over the other" would you use the RTR Gargoyle Valve or the CCI Phantom Valve? Remember you have to choose!

Thank you for your help and maturity.

Last edited by SilentNuke; 11-06-2012 at 06:51 PM.
SilentNuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Summer's a-commin'

If I recall, the Garg valve comes with an insert that works to eliminate liquid in the valve and you can use Sniper valve springs (which are readily available in a range of tensions). That said, it comes in dust black and may not match the other pieces you are putting together for your build, nor is it drilled for a sight rail (if that matters to you).

While the Garg valve is functionally superior, I am perfectly happy with the CCI valve that came with my Phantom. If I were doing a build using mostly after market parts, I would choose the Garg, but if I were buying a Phantom and then choosing which aftermarket parts to add I would stick with the CCI.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

RTR valve
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI