mcarterbrown.com

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 01-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

questions about cci products

Hello,

Ive been out of the game for a few years and I have a few questions.

I remember reading on one of the forums a few years back that it was not recommended to get phantoms re-annoed because of tolerance issues. I was wondering if that was an old wives tale, or if i wanted a custom anno do i need to contact cci directly?

and also, i checked out cci's website and it looks like the exact same one from when i started paintballing. I remember their being some new products out... urban camo anno's again, left and right feed sc bodies, are any of those available?
tac0cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
x2 I can't answer your question, but I am also wondering the same thing.

MCB Feedback
Malafanango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tac0cat View Post
Hello,

Ive been out of the game for a few years and I have a few questions.

I remember reading on one of the forums a few years back that it was not recommended to get phantoms re-annoed because of tolerance issues. I was wondering if that was an old wives tale, or if i wanted a custom anno do i need to contact cci directly?

and also, i checked out cci's website and it looks like the exact same one from when i started paintballing. I remember their being some new products out... urban camo anno's again, left and right feed sc bodies, are any of those available?
I have no experience in annodizing Phantoms but there seems to be countless examples done with no issues.

The original urban camo was discontinued and are somewhat desirable, especially in complete form. Mike did release a "wet anno" 4 or 5 colour urban camo (in grey and blue bases, maybe red?) but I don't believe he offers it anymore. I can't remember exactly how he did the colours but I know it did differ from standard anno. Here is an example of the grey base urban camo.

He still offers left and right SC bodies. And a new direct feed adapter.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Paintball is my Obsession

The phantom in my avatar to the left <<<<<< was re-ano'd. No issues. So yes, it can absolutely be done with no issues. The point is brought up about tolerances on any gun after they get done 2, 3, 4 times, etc. Hopefully one of the ano guys can chime in here. I think it pertains to leaving the parts in the stripping chemicals for too long and it eats the aluminum? But for the most part, yes they can be re-ano'd.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Custom User Title

All of the parts with critical tolerances are nickel plated steel, if your getting a coating applied to those steel internals you may run into problems. Otherwise, all the aluminum bits can be re annoed without much fuss. Make sure you remove the stainless steel thread inserts from the main body and valve body.

Mike has started a Facebook page to post updates, but he hasn't put much on there yet. Nor has he updated his website in a while. If you want a fancy anno, or a specific part feel free to call him. He still does acid washes and has every spare part in stock.

Last edited by Wizbaa; 01-08-2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Spelling
Wizbaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizbaa View Post
All of the parts with critical tolerances are nickel plated steel, if your getting a coating applied to those steel internals you may run into problems. Otherwise, all the aluminum bits can be re annoed without much fuss. Make sure you remove the stainless steel thread inserts from the main body and valve body.

Mike has started a Facebook page to post updates, but he hasn't put much on there yet. Nor has he updated his website in a while. If you want a fancy anno, or a specific part feel free to call him. He still does acid washes and has every spare part in stock.
im tryin to remember his exact words, but i swear he told me he has $20,000 worth of inventory, racks of parts in every color, its amazing. i need to go make another trip to go see him
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Stock class SPAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_stanchy View Post
im tryin to remember his exact words, but i swear he told me he has $20,000 worth of inventory, racks of parts in every color, its amazing. i need to go make another trip to go see him
The MOTHERLAND!!! When I die, bury me there..
808Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Jackal View Post
The MOTHERLAND!!! When I die, bury me there..
right after my senior year of highschool, me and 3 guys from our pump team went down to see him

i guess i always thought he was a few hours from us

it was a 45min drive, 10min past a hockey rink i had skated at for a decade!

we were all googly eyed lookin at all his ano's, his parts, his old guns he has stashed away, then.... he pulled out the Original Wild Berry Revolution (18volt!) and gassed it up, let me cycle it, and then put it away, none of the other guys got to even touch it!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

20 grand is a fairly lean inventory.... if it was all phantoms that's like 50 guns (but it's no doubt a variety of components and accessories plus a small number of complete markers).
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
it was 4 years ago, he coulda said more

i have some pics from that trip somewhere....
i'll find em after work
(on the clock haha )

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI