mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 01-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
CCI Phantom Revolution Regulator question

I am working on a custom build winter project Phantom you can find it here in the CCI section .

My question is regarding the Revolution Regulator. Here is a picture of the HaveBlues manual.
[IMG]

I would like the ability to set the regulator to a lower output pressure and leave it until the next cleaning. What can I do to the regulator to accomplish this? I don't want to mess it up and I can't test it until its back from anno.

-Add a disc spring?
-Change the stack arrangement?

Last edited by SilentNuke; 01-28-2013 at 08:39 PM.
SilentNuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
What kind of pressure are you talking about here? It looks similar to the angel miniregs, but those were adjustable. Adding a spring may force the reg close?

Changing the stack arrangement on a and old angel minireg allowed it to regulate tanks with output pressures higher than 550~ish psi.

Have you tried asking Mike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tinkerer

Kilt Fan
I know that rearranging the disc stack changes the pressure... also are you using 12ies or hpa?

It depends on what piston you are using and what you have the velocity adjuster set to.
Also if you rearrange the disc stack to parallel (which i believe is stacking them either so they fit like pringles chips, or flip each disc 180 degrees and put them back in) to the regulator piston.

If we have done business or you have feedback please post it here. Thank you for your input.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2535023

Last edited by timefreak17; 01-27-2013 at 04:09 PM.
timefreak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I haven't called Mike yet it's always easier to talk to a developer/genius with a little knowledge and forethought.

I use HPA.

I am looking to get the pressure down around 450-500 psi lower if possible. Currently it's in the 700psi range.

Two reasons-
One, my HPA tanks are set up for mid-range pressure. Two, I am using several different internals an oversized TPC (which increases the velocity+10), an ASP TPC (which works better under lower pressure conditions), 3 different hammers (to find the best match), an RTR valve with madman spring kit.

So increasing the thickness of the stack decreases output pressure?
Old 01-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNuke View Post
So increasing the thickness of the stack decreases output pressure?
That would be my understanding, since it would be exerting more force on the piston to try and close it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I deleted Mike's email regarding this regulator, but everything you have speculated is correct. You flip or remove stacks to reduce the output. Initially the reg is set to 750psi, contact Mike for estimated reduction when flipping/removing stacks.

As I recall, flipping one stack reduces the output to 650psi. Removing one stack reduces the output to 550psi. But don't quote me on that. Ask Mike.
m1yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
The HaveBlue manual-

The regulator is pre-set @ 700+ psi with a 6 disc stack. However, the disc springs can be flipped from series to parallel adding or subtracting 50 psi. Normally you would not change stack orientation unless velocity can not be adjusted with power piston, breech sleeve and or velocity adjuster.

It sounds like I could run the stack parallel and add one or two discs to decrease the overall pressure. Does anyone else get that same impression? I am going to give Mike a call tomorrow before class.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I have no patients. I had to call Mike. My power plant class was slow going today so I gave Mike a call. After talking with him and explaining what I am looking for he said I can take out one disc and drop the psi output to 350.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Custom User Title

You need to remove one conical washer to drop the pressure to where you want it. I'm sitting at around 400psi output with 5 washers stacked in series(opposing each other). This regulator works opposite of many others, increasing closing force increases output pressure while lowering closing force(removing washer) decreases it.

I've been playing around with mine, feel free to PM me if you have any questions
Wizbaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizbaa View Post
You need to remove one conical washer to drop the pressure to where you want it. I'm sitting at around 400psi output with 5 washers stacked in series(opposing each other). This regulator works opposite of many others, increasing closing force increases output pressure while lowering closing force(removing washer) decreases it.

I've been playing around with mine, feel free to PM me if you have any questions
Thanks man! I was wondering how it worked. After talking to Mike he just said I can lower the pressure by removing one disc. I figured from what he said I could lower the pressure more by removing another one (not that I want to, but it's good to know thatI can).

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI