mcarterbrown.com

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 02-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hesperia,ca

12-14" seemed a bit long a little clumsy if your playing up front but they would suite back player just fine. I run an 8"

Last edited by river031403; 02-05-2013 at 09:32 PM.
river031403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #12 (permalink)

I have a 14" CCI barrel freak bored and I bought an 8" DW fibur barrel. To me the 14" is too long for me to play as tight as I like to bunkers so I really like the 8" DW. To me other than length there is no real difference between the barrels. I have heard that shorter barrels handle inconsistent paint better and from what I have seen there may be some truth to that.
oldschool45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I dont find 14 inchs too long at all, with my ifit adapter on one of my phantoms i'm sitting at 16 inchs and i can play tight to my bunkers just fine. also i tried a 6inch barrel and the thing is tiny, its amazingly fun to play with because the limiting factor to playing tight becomes your body and not barrel length. However, it is extremely hard to point. i will probably stick with my 11, and 14inch bored barrels. Mike does an amazing job with the stock barrels.
StockClassPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

I'm honestly torn here. I LOVE my Fibur on my eNMEy...it's my favorite barrel ever, period. However, I dislike undercocking kits on Phantoms, which (correct me if I'm wrong here) is a requirement to use a Fibur. At the same time, the last stock barrel I had bored for Freak inserts ended up snapping off at the threads when screwing it in from the wall of the barrel being so thin.

Oh, and I like 14" barrels on my eNMEy and BKO, but I prefer an 11" or 12" on my Phantom. Otherwise, with the L-stock, it's just way too long to play a small bunker tight.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
There are ways to get around the undercocking kit problem, i think someone managed to figure out how to use the over the barrel handle with a DW. was it a phantom barrel that snapped and who did the boring? Also i forgot to say that i dont use a stock with my phantoms (i own them) but i prefer not to use them which may be why i can play tight with a longer barrel. 16 inchs with a 14-15inch stock plus the gun you end up with like this meter long stick in front of you...
Old 02-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

It was a stock barrel bored out by O'Dell back when he was still around. Just snapped clean off at the body...threads in the gun, barrel in my hand.

If there's a way to use a Fibur with the stock handle, I'd be all about it. I would assume you'd have to bore out the handle to allow the barrel to fit through, but that that would also result in the handle being very wobbly, since the barrel body is skinnier than the back portion.

www.teamontargetpb.com
Old 02-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Stock class SPAM

You can use a Deadlywind with a stock pump. Just gotta thread the barrel through the pump from behind. Don't really need a UC kit. If you break a ball in the barrel you may be unhappy but the newer squeegiees make that no problem now.
808Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Jackal View Post
You can use a Deadlywind with a stock pump. Just gotta thread the barrel through the pump from behind. Don't really need a UC kit. If you break a ball in the barrel you may be unhappy but the newer squeegiees make that no problem now.
Sweet...DW just sold another barrel!

www.teamontargetpb.com
Old 02-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #19 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
really hope my barrels dont snap cause mike said the annos were one off customs and he has no more :/
Old 02-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

I'm gonna second jackal on that note. The stock handle is usable with a dw, it'll be a bit rough near the back of the stroke for that tiny bit of step in the barrel, but if it means that much, you'll only need to shave off a tiny bit of the inside of the pump handle to clear the step in the barrel. This way you have clearance and the rest of the pump handle holds the barrel. No wobble. Problem staying solved

Here's a picture of the step in the barrel for reference

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.

Last edited by Donut SD; 02-07-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI