mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 02-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
DW Fibur Barrel Discussion

So, i own 2 phantoms one has a 14 inch barrel bored for freak inserts and i love, shoots straight as an arrow. However, i am curious about deadly wind barrels because i know they are very accurate on other markers and wondering if i will see an increase in accuracy if a use a deadly wind.

Second matter is what length of DW barrel/ or any barrel in general do you prefer. i have an 11 inch and a 14 inch and love both them, but neither seems to be more accurate and i really want to experiment with a 6 inch barrel. will there be a drop in accuracy if i use a 6 inch barrel. My definition of accuracy is the balls flight path will it be less straight if i shoot through a 6 inch vs a 14 inch barrel (Assuming exact same velocity, exact same paintball, no wind... ideal conditions).

So i would love to hear some of your opinions and thoughts, and maybe some debates.
StockClassPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
DW is lighter and more durable as Freak barrel, I would say accuracy is about the same. I like 14" barrel.

Never shot a 6" barrel, my guess is that the accuracy will decrease and you will get less shots per tanks.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hesperia,ca

I run the 10' with freak inserts I would say its deadly accurate and quite on my 05 prostock with ccm lowers,ccm deluxe pump kit seriously it's very durable I play pretty aggressive up front all up in the bunkers and so far so good I love this barrel
river031403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

My experience with short barrels on my phantom is a love/hate. They work but affect the consistency of your chrono. I've found that the longer your ball is controlled as it exits, the more "ball on ball" accuracy you'll achieve. Not really scientific, but a reasonable observation. It's also easier (for me) to get that point-n-look accuracy with a longer barrel. Ill use either my stock phantom barrel or the my 11" dw cci barrel. I like both. Preference of the barrel depends on my paint size.

Gotta find what works for you. Some guys are deadly with micro phantoms regardless of how they gotta lob a ball at you.
Donut SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
so if i already have freak bored barrels there is no point in getting a DW because i wont see any huge gains in accuracy (same length barrels). it seems like the only difference is weight, which doesn't bother me because the phantom is light enough as it is.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockClassPunk View Post
so if i already have freak bored barrels there is no point in getting a DW because i wont see any huge gains in accuracy (same length barrels). it seems like the only difference is weight, which doesn't bother me because the phantom is light enough as it is.
Yup. The dw with freaks is gonna perform like your other barrel freaked for inserts. Like mentioned weight and aesthetic is gonna be the decision maker. Different porting leads to different sounds as well. Not necessarily "quieter" but sound signatures change is all.
Donut SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

if you got a lil extra cash best thing to do is buy a DW and compare them yourself? freak, DW, and CCI stock barrel are all very nice barrels!!!
need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

I love my 12" DW, and I'll be getting an 8" soon. I will never use another barrel as long as I'm playing.

8-14" you don't really get much difference.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

14" was too long for me. I couldn't properly play close in my bunkers. 12" is working out well.
m1yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I will probably talk to mike about getting a 14inch and maybe 6inch in the anno of my gun because its a beautiful anno (purple with Silver and blue splash). Then i will get them bored for freak inserts. if he doesn't have any barrels (its a really unique anno) then i might get a DW.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI