mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 04-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Mine was merely a statement.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Personally, I wouldn't even CONSIDER the Carter or LAPCO.

Phantom, only.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
Pay at the pump.

CCM Fan
Thanks for all the advice. Looks like a Phantom is in my future.

The artist formally known as Phantom_Dave.
PumpMonkey_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

With all the suggestions toward the Phantom, I have a question. I have used a Phantom before and it feels incredibly too light to me. I am used to playing with guns like Mags and my Vector or PMI3 so the Phantom is like a leaf and I find myself over correcting as I move. Would one of the other guns feel better ( have more weight) to me?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by big jim View Post
With all the suggestions toward the Phantom, I have a question. I have used a Phantom before and it feels incredibly too light to me. I am used to playing with guns like Mags and my Vector or PMI3 so the Phantom is like a leaf and I find myself over correcting as I move. Would one of the other guns feel better ( have more weight) to me?

Thanks

Could just get a brass/stainless steel body from Ken when they're released.

Just sayin.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by artguy63 View Post
Could just get a brass/stainless steel body from Ken when they're released.

Just sayin.
That's my plan. I love my Phantom, but it's a bit light sometimes, so I'm planning on getting a brass Roundhead and building that out for a... third Phantom.

Warning, these things multiply.
Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
To be fair, you did post this in the CCI subforum so it may be biased toward the Phantom. I have said this on more than one occasion but I don't mind saying it again... I have owned phantoms, Grey Ghosts, Carter Buzzards, a MiniComp, box gun, even a Gargoyle, and while they are all great markers they have all been sold except two Grey Ghosts. Are they perfect... No but they are not far away. The only real advantage to the Phantom is options which you said you weren't interested in, and the Ghost does not really need to be changed if you want a good VSC set up. It has a great slide trigger, better stock internals than the phantom ( phantom owners drop lapco internals in their phantoms as an upgrade), and a pump stroke almost as smooth as a Carter, and it has an anti-rollout detent that phantom users have to add as an aftermarket mod. I guess I don't really see why anyone would choose a Phantom except for the afore-mentioned options...
Old 04-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Pay at the pump.

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by destro7976 View Post
To be fair, you did post this in the CCI subforum so it may be biased toward the Phantom. I have said this on more than one occasion but I don't mind saying it again... I have owned phantoms, Grey Ghosts, Carter Buzzards, a MiniComp, box gun, even a Gargoyle, and while they are all great markers they have all been sold except two Grey Ghosts. Are they perfect... No but they are not far away. The only real advantage to the Phantom is options which you said you weren't interested in, and the Ghost does not really need to be changed if you want a good VSC set up. It has a great slide trigger, better stock internals than the phantom ( phantom owners drop lapco internals in their phantoms as an upgrade), and a pump stroke almost as smooth as a Carter, and it has an anti-rollout detent that phantom users have to add as an aftermarket mod. I guess I don't really see why anyone would choose a Phantom except for the afore-mentioned options...
I knew posting this question in the CCI forum, I would get a bias towards Phantoms. But figured there would be enough players here that would give me a wide variety of options.

In regards to the GG, is that why I hardly ever see any used ones for sell? Other than the lack of customization (compared to a Phantom) are there any negatives to one?

Thanks

The artist formally known as Phantom_Dave.
PumpMonkey_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
There have not been a lot of 2006+ Grey Ghosts made. I think it has only been a few hundred since 2007, compared to the tens of thousands of Phantoms made over the last 25 years or so.

The GG is a great gun, as stated before, you are just kind of stuck with what you get. It has the nicest pump stroke on a Nelson short of a Buzzard, and it doesn't have all the quirks of a Carter.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
The ghost does have negatives. One of the biggest, though I have not had to deal with it yet, is that the threading for the stock class feed is directly into the aluminum of the body, instead of having a steel insert like the phantom, causing them to strip easily if not careful. Lapco, I've heard, will put a steel insert in upon request. Another is a lack of barrel options that fit inside the pump handle. I have a set of lapco barrels turned down to fit in mine...

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI