mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 04-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
I am just concerned about my baby is all Stanchy. Many reasons why I got the anno and a undercocking kit... IT LOOKS SEXY. :P But I might have to send my barrel on up to you to have it done. I had issues with someone else around here with his workmanship and crap tastic thing was I had to pay shipping back to have him send me a new one. So he is off the list on doing my barrel.
So what do you charge?

My problem is with the rings that Ive had chops or roll outs. One of the rings that came in originally was bent but Mike was fast on fixing this issue.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpaintball View Post
I am just concerned about my baby is all Stanchy. Many reasons why I got the anno and a undercocking kit... IT LOOKS SEXY. :P But I might have to send my barrel on up to you to have it done. I had issues with someone else around here with his workmanship and crap tastic thing was I had to pay shipping back to have him send me a new one. So he is off the list on doing my barrel.
So what do you charge?

My problem is with the rings that Ive had chops or roll outs. One of the rings that came in originally was bent but Mike was fast on fixing this issue.
$35 shipped usa

pm me and i'll make sure you get taken care of
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
No class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpaintball View Post
The rings dont help for squat, besides not letting 2 or more roll out at once. Any tips? I would love a freak bore done on the barrel, but I have one issue with that... I dont want my anno trashed. So I was thinking about the old method of a dot of nail polish in the barrel. I guess I could buy another barrel that is a freak barrel, but it would make my baby look ugly for not being the same anno. Yes I am that picky.

I have a video of me playing after I cock the marker the ball rolls out. I wouldnt mind shooting more then 2 feet in front of me. Help!
I'm with you here. I used three evenly spaced dabs of polish to solve my problem temporally. I have never understood how a detent in the body helps with roll outs once the ball is in the barrel. I am still not sure what I am going to do long term. I was thinking a cocker threaded body would be ideal, that way I could use the barrels I already have and like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
Chad Thompson is Paintball!
Feedback
RatFink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Custom User Title

I would choose to get the body ASP'd first, you get protection from both roll outs and double feeds. Overall it should cost a little less because you don't have to buy an insert kit aswell.
Wizbaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Don't let Stanchy's mad scientist demeanor fool you, he does damn good Freak boring.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Here is my baby... sorry for crap phonecam.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
so umm yeah.. see why I dont want to damage my barrel or get a CF freak barrel?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
Summer's a-commin'

The only time I've had trouble with the CCI detent rings is when I've ended up with a bag of paint that widely varies in size. It sounds like that's the same problem you're having - some roll out and some don't.

With the rings (and even with a freak bored barrel and inserts) it's a good idea to either buy quality paint that is relatively consistent in size or to sort your paint ahead of time using a paint sizer. That way you can choose the appropriate ring or insert to eliminate rollouts and maximize your consistency at the same time.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
No class

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobyrne View Post
The only time I've had trouble with the CCI detent rings is when I've ended up with a bag of paint that widely varies in size. It sounds like that's the same problem you're having - some roll out and some don't.

With the rings (and even with a freak bored barrel and inserts) it's a good idea to either buy quality paint that is relatively consistent in size or to sort your paint ahead of time using a paint sizer. That way you can choose the appropriate ring or insert to eliminate rollouts and maximize your consistency at the same time.
PLease correct me if I am wrong and I hope I am, but the rings sit at the very end of the barrel, where it meets the breach, right? once you cock the marker and the major diameter of the ball passes the ring into the barrel, isn't the ball free to keep on rolling out the barrel?

Oh, and Acid, yeah, she is a beauty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
Chad Thompson is Paintball!
Feedback
RatFink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:49 AM   #20 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFink View Post
PLease correct me if I am wrong and I hope I am, but the rings sit at the very end of the barrel, where it meets the breach, right? once you cock the marker and the major diameter of the ball passes the ring into the barrel, isn't the ball free to keep on rolling out the barrel?

Oh, and Acid, yeah, she is a beauty...
I believe you are correct about how it loads. That's why I only ever get a single rollout and not double. Also i was shooting marbs the day I had the most issue... They use to be quality.... granted that was 13 years ago and they were bigger and had a better shell.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI