mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCI (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/)
-   -   Help on CCI Phantom roll outs... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/231539-help-cci-phantom-roll-outs.html)

Acidpaintball 04-16-2013 10:42 PM

Help on CCI Phantom roll outs...

The rings dont help for squat, besides not letting 2 or more roll out at once. Any tips? I would love a freak bore done on the barrel, but I have one issue with that... I dont want my anno trashed. So I was thinking about the old method of a dot of nail polish in the barrel. I guess I could buy another barrel that is a freak barrel, but it would make my baby look ugly for not being the same anno. Yes I am that picky.

I have a video of me playing after I cock the marker the ball rolls out. I wouldnt mind shooting more then 2 feet in front of me. Help!

brew52 04-16-2013 10:45 PM

I would have your barrel bored. There shouldn't be any damage to the anno on the exterior of the barrel.

Ronan_357 04-17-2013 08:07 AM

Asp detent mod is another option

artguy63 04-17-2013 12:26 PM

Ego detent mod.

Or go buy a DW.

Falcon16 04-17-2013 01:11 PM

Get the barrel bored. You can't tell once it's on gun that it's ever been touched anno on the outside is not touched during the process. I had my Phantom built up with the bored barrel asp detects flutes hammer 90 frame uc kit and a dropout valve amazing shooter

Murf425 04-17-2013 01:13 PM

iFit kit, Fibur, Freak boring, Lapco barrel set...all of them will solve the problem, and none of them will hurt your anno.

Does Lurker make an Eigenbarrel in Phantom threads? That's be pretty slick.

StockClassPunk 04-17-2013 01:17 PM

So many things you can do.

1) ASP Detent body
2) Ego detent mod from SSC
3) freak bore - doesnt harm anno if done by a professional
4) full length control barrel kit Eg flasc or Lapco
5) Deadly wind barrel with freak inserts
6) insert kit with adapter - Techt ifit or python
6a) bore a barrel to accept the inserts if you dont like the look of the adapter
7) nail polish
8) detent rings i think theres one for .670 paint now at pbgateway.

dont know if i missed anything

Greenmtnphantom 04-17-2013 01:32 PM

All of the above options and did you try the new smaller gold ring?

I've used that one with a lot of success when I travel.

Jaltro 04-17-2013 01:53 PM

The gold ring works well in a pinch. You're going to want to shot a thicker shell paint through it though, trying to force brittle paint through a ring that small may lead to some breaks. I highly recommend freak boring your barrel. I have a beautiful anno on my gun and you cannot tell that anything has been done to it.

super_stanchy 04-17-2013 02:09 PM

im a little hurt that you think i'd trash your ano!

any professional shouldnt have an issue workin on a phantom bore