mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCI (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/)
-   -   CCI Bucket changer question (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/233379-cci-bucket-changer-question.html)

turbowagonman 05-13-2013 06:39 AM

CCI Bucket changer question

I just picked up my first Stock Class marker since the 80's back when I started playing. When I received the marker the Co2 changer didn't have a pierce pin in it so I picked up a CCI Changer. Well, I contacted the manufacturer of my new marker and they sent me a new pierce pin, it looks the same as the CCI pin. So my questions to you CCI guys are, is there a certain tool to install and remove the pierce pin? If so what is it called?
I have a multitude of tools so I may have something that may work better than a screw driver (to tighten the new one) so is there another type of tool that would work?

Thanks

Greenmtnphantom 05-13-2013 08:28 AM

Screwdriver with a notch taken out of the middle to ensure that you don't harm the pierce pin.

dukie 05-13-2013 10:07 PM

somone drilled out the end of a phantom velocity tool and used that to do it. I modified a screwdriver. It works well for me.

Greenmtnphantom 05-14-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukie (Post 2708119)
somone drilled out the end of a phantom velocity tool and used that to do it. I modified a screwdriver. It works well for me.

I think it was CJottawa that did that

funsi00 05-14-2013 11:33 PM

I use a modified screwdriver.

cobyrne 05-18-2013 12:35 AM

I just use an unmodified screwdriver - rather than levering the flat bit against the pin and turning the handle, put one side of the screwdriver tip into a notch and the other side of the tip against the inside wall of the pierce pin and 'push' the notch around in a clockwise direction. Works fine and you can use nearly any sized flat head screwdriver.

turbowagonman 05-18-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobyrne (Post 2711675)
I just use an unmodified screwdriver - rather than levering the flat bit against the pin and turning the handle, put one side of the screwdriver tip into a notch and the other side of the tip against the inside wall of the pierce pin and 'push' the notch around in a clockwise direction. Works fine and you can use nearly any sized flat head screwdriver.

"I just use an unmodified screwdriver", that's what I did and I still had Co2 leaking out of my "bucket". With that being said; I tried to use the Phantom bucket on the Sterling adapter but the threads aren't deep enough in the bucket to put the cartridge high enough to even puncture it. I tried the Sterling Bucket on the Phantom adapter and the threads are too deep on the bucket for the cartridge to be secure but high enough to puncture it, so it leaks real bad.

All is good though, my Phantom quick changer works just fine and I'll be out using it today to prove it.