mcarterbrown.com

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 05-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Phantom ASA Question

I have a VSC Phantom and love it and I am thinking about getting another. I would like this one to be in an open class setup. Is the stock bottom ASA angled? It kind of looks that way. If they are angled, how harsh is the angle?
Jaltro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
I am Stockclasspro17

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
It is angled indeed, and enough to bug me. If you are going to put an asa on it, get paintball gateways 15 degree mount, which levels out the frame so that any asa you throw on there will be parallel with the barrel. Only $15 and has a rail on it if you want to put any dovetail asa on it. Also if your having an open class phantom i woukd suggest a spyder feedneck on the stockclass body, works better then having to get the plastic elbow.
Mozak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Why bother with the bottomline ASA?

Just use a VSC setup with a small Co2 or Ninja HPA tank on the vert feed. Keeps the weight in front of your hand and doesn't interfere with running a stock. Also, Mike has screw-on feed necks that turn the stock class body into a center-feed OC body.

The beauty of a Phantom is that you can quickly swap between multiple configurations.

If you really want to be fun, the Revolution inline reg fits on a VSC ASA just fine, and only adds an inch or so to the length of the ASA. With that, my buddy was running +/- 4 FPS on C02 this weekend. I need to order one for myself.

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI