mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 06-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

I just lube the outside of the powertube lightly, the hammer and bolt. Just one or two smal drops of oil. Avoid lubing the front oring and I am good. And I only do it so often.

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. VonDeafingson View Post
Phantoms are like AK-47's, if it didnt blow up in your face then keep shooting and don't worry about it.
As long as oil isn't getting on your paintballs, it's fine. Take a couple shots, then unscrew your barrel and check it for oil residue. Even if you over-oil it it's just going to temporarily throw off your accuracy; it won't hurt the gun.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to esparzar Send a message via MSN to esparzar Send a message via Yahoo to esparzar

You should never run oil through your air lines. The oil will soften the urethane oring in the powertube and cause it to get sticky reducing efficiency. This comes from the man himself.

Also I would recommend trying out other peoples phantom setups before you go and buy stuff without trying. Should go without saying but people get overzealous sometimes.
esparzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkOnPro View Post
Thanks for the help! I have lubed the markers internals (all of them) is that bad to lube every piece? I tried my best to get all the oil not to be on the front bolt oring. Others have said not to lube the bolt but you say to lube it?
Getting a little oil on the bolt o-ring isn't going to hurt anything. As mentioned, any residual oil on the bolt o-ring will blow right off after the first few shots. It's highly doubtful that such an insignificant amount of oil (pretty much an immeasurable amount) will really throw off accuracy at all.

The analogy to the AK-47 isn't too far off. You don't need to get hung up on the small stuff like a little oil on your o-ring as the Phantom is almost indestructible. However, I've worked on some customers guns that are dripping with oil and caked with crud and dirt. While most Phantoms will still function under poor conditions like that, all bets on accuracy and especially performance are off.

Just keep it clean (inside and out), smear a FEW DROPS of oil with your finger on all the internals, and you'll have a gun that will last for decades. Smearing a drop or two of oil on the inside of your pump handle will help reduce ano wear on your barrel as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar View Post
This comes from the man himself.
One more quick FYI for WalkOn...

here in the CCI forum, you'll see references to "the man himself" or "Mike". People are talking about Mike Casady, the owner of CCI who invented/produces the Phantom. Many here have corresponded with him via email, or spoken to him on the phone, and he has imparted his wisdom to them. Basically, if Mike has advice on any issue involving Phantoms (or a variety of other paintball related topics), it's always best to go with what he says.

Authorized CCI Dealer Specializing in Phantom Repairs and Custom Work
Serving the Greater Fairfield and New Haven County Area of CT Exclusively

Slim's Spring Stock Classic - USA vs. Canada!

Buy my BadAss Stock-Class T-Shirts

My CCI, RTR, Carter, Flasc and TechT Stock-Class Parts Purge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim
There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference.
My MCB Feedback
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
One more quick FYI for WalkOn...

here in the CCI forum, you'll see references to "the man himself" or "Mike". People are talking about Mike Casady, the owner of CCI who invented/produces the Phantom. Many here have corresponded with him via email, or spoken to him on the phone, and he has imparted his wisdom to them. Basically, if Mike has advice on any issue involving Phantoms (or a variety of other paintball related topics), it's always best to go with what he says.
Beware when calling Mike, though. He's an absurdly nice guy, and is pretty much guaranteed to have something lying around his shop that you would like to own. You will spend money, and probably feel good about it, if you talk to him long enough.

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

I don't think it can be said enough. Mike's friendly, knowledgeable, provides excellent customer service and builds some of the best products in paintball.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI