mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 10-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
I run my Phantoms with rear drop out changers and VSC setups. I always come back to the rear drop out. I machined grooves to make my knobs easier to grip and works great. I hope Mike does finish the lever changer. So I'll be able to run 15rnd feed tubes with the lever changer. If not I need to get off my lazy butt and build it for myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers
I play pump because I'm a masochistic bastard who gets his jollies from being outgunned but not outplayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoder916 View Post
It's easy for people to think they are an all knowing pump player when your behind a keyboard. And nobody wants to be politically incorrect when giving advice on the forums, for everyone to criticize and judge, So I think the individuals speak with a little more pride than usual, because they want their peers to respect there opinion(s). I love playing pump, And if your pumping before you shoot, I don't give a **** whats in your hand, your family.
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

The drop out is kind of fun. It gives the gun an interesting look. Your gun is dedicated to running 12 grams and that gets me some odd comments. I would love a larger nob, I had to file down the ball retainer cap so my feed tube would fit properly. With a drop out you only manage 3 things wile changing CO2; Gun, old 12 gram and new 12 gram. With the bucket you manage 4; Gun, Bucket, Old and New 12 grams.
That being said buckets are easy and faster to use. The VSC set up puts the bucket in a great easy to get to place but buckets also work well with a back bottle gun. My next (3rd) Phantom will be a stock class back bottle with a bucket changer. If I chose to put a stock on it I would change it to a VSC so it doesn't hit my mask, but I already have one as a VSC. VSC with a stock (IMO) is the most playable and easy to use version of the Phantom. It's a joy to play with but then again they all are. Do what you like and don't forget to have fun.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
all work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot View Post
I would love a larger nob
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI