mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 01:44 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychosplinter View Post
Happy Chewy, you need to try out the Metadyne .45 block if you have huge honkin' hands. I have some on my Phantoms, 'Cats and random other guns and they are great. They may be a little TOO big.
I have a Thumper, grip but don't want to re-annodise it to match my Phantom I was planning on getting a black secondary Phantom to use the Thumper frame on. I prefer it over the one Mike uses.

@RTR: Do you have trigger groups?
Old 10-03-2013, 02:31 AM   #22 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Rodney, yes, you are correct that I'm basing my statements just on what I've witnessed over the years with CCI-compatible aftermarket parts, without having the benefit of the inside scoop. I wasn't suggesting that RTR or ASP intentionally (or unintentionally) bailed on anyone for selfish reasons. My point was simply that there hasn't been any company to my knowledge that has had an uninterrupted supply of CCI-compatible aftermarket parts, which I've always attributed to lack of demand within a tiny niche market.

I'm certainly not categorizing RTR or ASP with any of the hobbyist/home machinists who have not delivered on their deals, and ended up in the MCB "Hall Of Shame". I apologize if I gave that impression, as I know that's not the case here. It's good to know that you're still forging ahead despite the business complexities. Thanks for clarifying your situation and intent. Again, sorry for any confusion my last post may have caused.

Also, thanks to John at Acid Custom for clarifying his position as well.

Authorized CCI Dealer Specializing in Phantom Repairs and Custom Work
Serving the Greater Fairfield and New Haven County Area of CT Exclusively

Buy my BadAss Stock-Class T-Shirts

My MCB Feedback

Our next Stock-class game: STOCKTOBERFEST

Last edited by Slim; 10-03-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Nihilistic Mystics

I'll just pipe in here - I do have Blockheads in stock, though they just need serial numbers engraved. I suppose I should check the ASP site and make sure that it shows available quantity...

As for not having an uninterrupted supply of CCI compatible parts, the Roundhead has not suffered from a lack of demand, but rather a lack of supply! Mike will be producing my next run of them, but as A.R.E. (the machine shop in his building that produces his parts) is pretty tapped out on production capability, I have to wait in line... I think Rodney and I are pretty much of the same mind when it comes to making parts - we want to create really good stuff, and unfortunately that takes a while, especially for little guys who do this simply because we're passionate about it.

John @ Acid, I designed the Blockhead body specifically as a canvas for custom milling, but demand for them has been, well, abyssmal. I've sold a grand total of 5 of them. Well, actually 4 (I gave #001 to Mike in appreciation for all his help with dimensions). If you'd like to get a bunch to machine up, I'd be more than happy to supply them.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:41 PM   #24 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
Slim,

I kindly take issue with your below claim:

"ASP, Punisher, RTR, Jcurt, etc., etc. have all started off strong, but the second demand dropped off just a little, they completely ended their production."

Although from the outside looking in it may appear to be the case. In my case nothing could be farther from the truth. I choose not to farm the Gargoyle out of state or out of country. Because I choose this, production comes to a halt as we all know. Making money is not my goal. The machine shop that did finally agree to make the Gargoyle did so after years of literally weekly/daily visits pitching it to them. They did make it, and for that I am gratefull. But that option is no longer available.

However, I have invested tens of thousands of dollars in an attempt to make them in house and that saga continues every day.

Implying that I bailed out on people because interest dropped off cannot be farther from the truth. My plans have not changed and interest levels have not dropped off. My inbox tells me so.

I always explain to people when asked what the situation is. I am always truthful and make no false promises.

So, to all reading this...I am still here and will be for a long time. What I am able to get done is always a variable. But I never, nor do I plan to, bail out for reasons as selfish as the statement implied.

I'm not mad. Not at all. Just felt the need to clarify my position.

Rodney

P.S. I still have grip frames for sale.

Glad to hear this! I would love if you could make more trigger frames also! We love the garg triggers! =D

As for this thread, I would definitely LOVE the following:
- AC threaded body
- 86 CCM style grip frame that would accept modern ccm aluminum grips, perhaps make the frame slightly thicker?

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Old 10-22-2013, 03:40 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Blue View Post

John @ Acid, I designed the Blockhead body specifically as a canvas for custom milling, but demand for them has been, well, abyssmal. I've sold a grand total of 5 of them. Well, actually 4 (I gave #001 to Mike in appreciation for all his help with dimensions). If you'd like to get a bunch to machine up, I'd be more than happy to supply them.
Thanx for the info, I think I will give the custom body idea a miss as as you have found out no-one wants them, will just do the one I have, but from what I have read from the posts frames are a bit more in demand
check out the link for parts available now
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v471/acidcustom/
acidcustom@yahoo.com.au
MCB feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2438442
Old 10-23-2013, 12:56 AM   #26 (permalink)
Nihilistic Mystics

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidcustom View Post
Thanx for the info, I think I will give the custom body idea a miss as as you have found out no-one wants them, will just do the one I have, but from what I have read from the posts frames are a bit more in demand
Yes, if somebody could come out with a clone of the CCM 86 degree frame, it would be a big seller!
Old 10-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
MPB
MCB Member

Just like everyone one else that's posted, I'd love an 86 style frame or even a bolt on S&W style K frame.
I would also like to see a spring feed setup that sits snug next to the phantom body, empire spring feeds look awkward and ugly.
Does anybody make a valve body with a hole tapped at the bottom for the air line? So that I can run air thru my grip to an Asa with minimal hose showing?

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2784840
Old 10-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Stock Class All Day

I'd buy an 86 frame in a heartbeat.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #29 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
Same here.

If you do that, please offer it with and without upward slope on the bottom of the grip. I have an adjustable stock and would want to keep using it…others may prefer to mount a standard ASA and run their HPA horizontally and parallel to the barrel...
Old 11-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #30 (permalink)

I'd like two things in a phantom body:

1. A detent that would prevent double feeding. Right now the detent rings keep the balls from rolling down the barrel but there is nothing that prevents two balls from entering the chamber. An autococker is closed bolt but has a detent to prevent double feeds, why hasn't anyone come out with a detent to do the same?
2. A body cut to push the paintball into the barrel before firing. Right now, when firing the phantom is the only gun that pushes the paintball into the barrel on air alone, in every other gun the bolt pushes the paintball into the barrel then the air is released to fire the paintball. The method the phantom uses greatly increases barrel breaks and a game in which I don't get at least one break is rare. That is why autococker threaded barrels extend behind the threading, so that the bolt will push the ball into the barrel before firing.

Right now the way a phantom loads and fires a paintball is horrible and needs to be fixed. I honestly don't mind the weight of a thicker body as long as I can stop worrying about double feeds and barrel breaks.
And if possible I'd like this to fit the CCI metal stock class feed tubes. If you're looking to make a body for open class phantom users then you're facing a rather small percentage of phantom owners, since most open class players are using cocker bodies. There is a laundry list of problems with the phantom but cockers are REALLY hard to turn into stock class guns, so stock class players are forced to use a phantom or a buzzard if they want a gun BNIB.

Last edited by Vital_Signs; 11-07-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI