mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 10-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
Old school from way back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot View Post
I've also had the clear ones break when shot, but I've never had a smoke one get hit so they may prove just as bad.
When playing on the speed ball field I've just dropped the "smoked tubes" on the ground and they have been stepped on by the next person in that same bunker, I'm still using those tubes to this day. I'd say they are pretty durable.
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Just a tip. If your shirt is tucked in or you have a belt type harness (shot shell belt, joy ride...). Don't drop the tubes on the ground, stuff them down your shirt. Keeps them clean, it's incredibly fast and you won't loose any.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
im over-thinking this box

With the joyride harness you can just put the tubes back in upside down. You can feel which ones are full and which are empty real easy. Its super quick and no need for a dump pouch or anything.
Ishmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:05 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot View Post
Just a tip. If your shirt is tucked in or you have a belt type harness (shot shell belt, joy ride...). Don't drop the tubes on the ground, stuff them down your shirt. Keeps them clean, it's incredibly fast and you won't loose any.
Sometimes I'm just coming under so much fire I wouldn't have time to stuff it in my dump pouch let alone down my shirt. When I bought my case of tubes from the bay I planned on loosing some sometimes, so it's not that big of a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishmag View Post
With the joyride harness you can just put the tubes back in upside down. You can feel which ones are full and which are empty real easy. Its super quick and no need for a dump pouch or anything.
I've tried this and I'd rather use my home made dump pouch. It just depends on how much fire I'm under at that specific moment. I'm usually the guy who make it past the 50 off the break. That's part of the joy of playing SC with a pump, light load.
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
njk
Pump Player since 96`

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
JoyRide with clear tubes
Or
A ronin wrist harness on my 13ci HPA with empire smoke caped tubes.

Nate

Autotrigger = Ramping for pump guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHSquared View Post
If you build it, we will spend.
njk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njk View Post
JoyRide with clear tubes
Or
A ronin wrist harness on my 13ci HPA with empire smoke caped tubes.

Nate
Agree^^^ I gota say capped tubes don't work as well for me in the JoyRide. I naturally want to pull them down and out
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #17 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Cappless clear tubes in a joyride for me. I flip the empty tube and put it back into the harness when done.

I sewed 12g holders (wtfpb.com) ones onto the from thighs of my pants. This works awesome for 12g and tubes

You can make your own speed caps from the green caps by drilling a small hole in the lid, tie a knot in some twine thread it through the hole and then tape it to the tube.

Also if you get waterproof silicone and smear some into you 12g loops. You won't ever loose one and will still be able to pull a 12g when needed.
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
Thank you for your advise on a belt and tubes. I will order a Joyride and drop by ANS and get some of the Empire Smoked 10 round tubes.

If this goes well, my son is like to get to SC marker as well, likely another Phantom.

I have another question; What about a barrel?

I am a big fan of Deadlywind Barrels and have several of them for my other markers, so it is easy for me to imagine one for this marker. That said, I see a lot of discussion of how good Phantom barrels are as well.

If I go with a Deadlywind, I understand the quality a features, I am still interested in your opinion.

If I go with a stock barrel, then I would like to see your opinions on freak bored verse Phantom sizing rings.

Thank you all for your help so far, I look forward to your additional comments on a the barrel questions.
CCM Polished Silver T2, CCM Polished Black T2, CCM Dust BacK T2, CCM Dust Black Series 5 RF #20, CCM Polished Black Series 5, CCM Dust Black SS-25, CCM Polished Black Series 5, WGP Karnivor Mid-Block, Bob Long Black MVP, CCI Polished Silver Phantom.
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #19 (permalink)

I have a 14" Phantom Barrel that has the muzzle treatment, it's Freak Bored and shoots lasers! I traded my PM7 for the Phantom I have and it came with the above listed barrel, after playing with the gun exclusively for 5 consecutive weeks I found no reason to buy a DW Barrel. I am going to pick up another barrel though just because of the length, I play my bunkers tight and I want either a 8" or a 11" Freak Bored CCI Barrel. IMO a Freak Bored barrel is a MUST and I believe you can get the barrels from Mike that already have the same treatment as my 14" so that the road I'm going to go down.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. View Post
If I go with a stock barrel, then I would like to see your opinions on freak bored verse Phantom sizing rings.
In order to help get the maximum performance out of your Phantom, you need to start by getting the best paint-size-to-bore match as possible. Sizing rings (detents, etc.) may prevent some roll outs, but won't help you as far as accuracy or efficiency goes.

At this point I should just put this little tidbit of advice in my sig line.

Authorized CCI Dealer Specializing in Phantom Repairs and Custom Work
Serving the Greater Fairfield and New Haven County Area of CT Exclusively

Buy my BadAss Stock-Class T-Shirts

My MCB Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Slim doesn't know what he's talking about.
Slim is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI