mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 10-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
New Phantom owner, needs some advice

I just joined the Phantom Owners Club and I need some advice.

I have been playing paintball for a bit under two years, started with my 15 year old son received an invitation to a Paintball birthday party; we had a great time and a great time together. Since Christmas 2011 we have played nearly every week-end.

We started with Electros, and then a bit over a year ago started playing pump; I think it is great. I have a few CCM T2 markers that I really like to play; my son likes the Sanchez SM-1.

I thought it would be fun to try stock-class and owning a Phantom just seems like the natural marker to start with. I recently purchased a used one from Stormninnormin here on MCB, it is a VSC with an under-cocking kit and adjustable T stock.

While the Phantom came with a lot of pieces and parts, I think there are a few items I still need to get before I can get it out on the field; namely 10 round tubes and a harness for the 12gram CO2s and Tubes.

For the harness, I see some like the cap-less design, other like wrist bands, bandolaros, others cap-on design. Now for the tubes: Are there different kinds? Does it make a difference? If so, which are best? Please be specific, include the brand and model.

I look forward to your advice.

My Pumps:
CCM T2 (x2), CCM Series 5 RF #20, CCM Series 5 (x3), CCM SS-25 (x2), WGP Karnivor Mid-Block Sniper, WGP Black Magic Sniper, WGP 2K RF Sniper, FreeFlow Lotus Sniper, Bob Long Black MVP, CCI Under-Cocking Phantom, Palmer's 1K Blazer Pump.
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
I use the clear 10rnd tubes. You can get them from Titus, LINK

I use a PB Mafia Joyride to carry my tubes. It holds 15 tubes either with or without caps, I go cap less.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
im over-thinking this box

I use the PB mafia joyride too. It works great with capless tubes. Has a spot for 4 12 grams on the waist. If you normally use a regular pod pack, pulling 10 round tubes from behind you feels comfortable.
Ishmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Stock Class All Day

I have a WTFPB Radius Gauntlet, and because I generally play smaller games, it works great. I like to use tubes with speed caps, like these.

Generally, I think lighter is better, so it works for me.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
I rock the Raidus capless as well, they're very comfy.

However, if you're just wanting to get something that -works- on the cheap, the shotgun shell belts you can get at any sporting goods store or Wal-Mart fit 10 round tubes and 12 gram co2 powerlets just fine. Wear it as a belt, or throw it over one shoulder bandoleer style.

There are two types of 10 round tubes you'll commonly see. One is the clear style, with a removable cap (usually green). This is the older style and works fine, especially in capless rigs, although it's easy to lose the lids in play. Then there are the newer 10 round tubes, usually smoke grey with black lids, that have the lid attached to the tube by a loop. Those are better if you're carrying them capped, as it is harder to lose the lid in play.

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Check wtfpb.com they have pimp stock class rigs! The gauntlet is nice.
Whiteout, "Splatmaster Akimbo" cracked me up! Props if you rock that set up!

Last edited by Tick; 10-29-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Old school from way back!

80% of this past summer was played carrying tubes. I use a PB Mafia Joyride carrying tubes with caps. I bought a case of the smoke grey ones with black caps off of ebay and they look just like the Empire ones but a h@!! of a lot cheaper. I also use a home made dump pouch.

As for carrying the 12'ies, I found with trial and error, the Ronin Wrist harness is the most efficient for me.
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
The smoke Empire tubes have a very small cap and they tend to open at times. If it were me I would get the clear tubes and buy the speedcaps posted above. That is of course if you want to play with caps.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick View Post
Check wtfpb.com they have pimp stock class rigs! The gauntlet is nice.
Whiteout, "Splatmaster Akimbo" cracked me up! Props if you rock that set up!
I sure do. It's silly, but fun as hell, and a great break when for whatever reason I'm not feeling the Phantom for a game, or playing against brand new renters.

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

I use whatever generic clear/white green cap tube I can get my hands on. I run cap less in a PB Mafia Joyride. I like a wrist strap for my 12 grams. The only problems with tubes I've had is that the capped smoke colored tubes don't fit my Superstocker. I've also had the clear ones break when shot, but I've never had a smoke one get hit so they may prove just as bad. Sorry I don't know the brands. When you do get some buy more then you think you need. I find I never have enough. 20- 30 tubes is a good number.
1shot is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI