mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 12-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

are framton still be made. if so that only way i know of. not sure if any one else is make bore out barrels for freaks. since when barrel is bore out you have chance it breaking since being weak.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Several people on Mcarterbrown will do freak modification. There is also the deadly wind and Mike's been making them for a wile now. I have a Frantom but haven't used it much. The boar looks unfinished, like it was never polished. I haven't done any real honest testing or game play so I can't say more about it than that. I want to get one of Mike's, still on the fence a little about letting some one cut my nicer ano.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
are framton still be made. if so that only way i know of. not sure if any one else is make bore out barrels for freaks. since when barrel is bore out you have chance it breaking since being weak.
Mike'll do 'em in stock barrels now. No breakage worries, as far as he seems to be concerned.

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
Hesperia,ca

Ok so I got my first phantom it double feeds. Would a freak barrel alone prevent this?im currently using rings and I've also had barrel breaks
river031403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Old school from way back!

I use Freak inserts on my Phantom and unless I severely under-bore I double feed as well. I plan on sending my bodies out for the ASP detent mod because when I severely "under-bore" I break paint as well.
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Freak barrels will not prevent double feeds. You need some form of detent(not to be confused with CCI detent rings) to prevent double feeds. If you look at the ASP mod it is two o-rings. The first acts to prevent double feeds, the second (because Phantoms fire with the paintball in the breach not the barrel) prevents roll outs. A Freak or CCI detent rings will prevent roll outs but not double feeds. If you don't want to do some form of detent mod, pump faster. Because of the bolt shape you can pump a Phantom pretty fast without chopping paint.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Hesperia,ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot View Post
Freak barrels will not prevent double feeds. You need some form of detent(not to be confused with CCI detent rings) to prevent double feeds. If you look at the ASP mod it is two o-rings. The first acts to prevent double feeds, the second (because Phantoms fire with the paintball in the breach not the barrel) prevents roll outs. A Freak or CCI detent rings will prevent roll outs but not double feeds. If you don't want to do some form of detent mod, pump faster. Because of the bolt shape you can pump a Phantom pretty fast without chopping paint.
Thanks for the clarification I'm sending mine off to asp
river031403 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI