mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 01-11-2014, 02:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by river031403 View Post
Who cares about efficiency! Just buy more 12ies @ .50 a pop I don't think youll break the bank
12-gram efficiency has never been about saving money. It's about having an edge over your competition. If I get 40 usable shots per 12-gram, and my opponent gets 20, then I have an obvious tactical advantage over them. Being able to continue firing at your opponents while they have to stop, take their attention off of you and swap CO2s can make the difference between victory or the dead zone. Not that any of this matters as the theory behind bobbing a Phantom valve isn't about increasing efficiency. It's about increasing consistency - at least in theory.

Authorized CCI Dealer Specializing in Phantom Repairs and Custom Work
Serving the Greater Fairfield and New Haven County Area of CT Exclusively

Buy my BadAss Stock-Class T-Shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim
There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference.
My MCB Feedback
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Hesperia,ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
12-gram efficiency has never been about saving money. It's about having an edge over your competition. If I get 40 usable shots per 12-gram, and my opponent gets 20, then I have an obvious tactical advantage over them. Being able to continue firing at your opponents while they have to stop, take their attention off of you and swap CO2s can make the difference between victory or the dead zone. Not that any of this matters as the theory behind bobbing a Phantom valve isn't about increasing efficiency. It's about increasing consistency - at least in theory.
Well then change 12ies at a faster pace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
Every hole costs money

http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...errerid=144073
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=577553
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...val=0&items=50
Vertebrae autococker
http://youtu.be/Ybf2u4dAQlg
river031403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
Slim is Mr. Micro CA II, I don't think he could change them any faster. Perhaps with a 6-pack but not to much quicker.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
Slim is Mr. Micro CA II, I don't think he could change them any faster. Perhaps with a 6-pack but not to much quicker.
Brian, if you could stop divulging my secrets to the whole damn world that would be great!

Micro CA IIs for the win - literally!

Quote:
There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference.
My MCB Feedback
Old 01-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
Sorry for letting the world know your secret. I'll keep the Lapco barrel and PPS Stabilizer secret to myself.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:34 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
Everything being the same:
6" barrel (freak insert .675 - nice tight underbore)
Same stock internals

That being said this is my personal experience shooting both yesterday out in the cold -16*c (3.2F) at 270 fps.

VSC 30 usable shots (above 230 on chronie)
DSP 44 usable shots (above 230 on chronie)
It is entirely possible I'm talking out of my hat here but I wonder if the fact that the 12 gram changer is in your hand on the DSP may help keep it warm and therefore be, at least in part, responsible for the the increased number of shots.
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #27 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
It is entirely possible I'm talking out of my hat here but I wonder if the fact that the 12 gram changer is in your hand on the DSP may help keep it warm and therefore be, at least in part, responsible for the the increased number of shots.
That's an excellent and astute observation. Yes, the additional body heat from the hand should theoretically increase the pressure of the 12-gram (and increasing the shot count) versus the pressure of a 12-gram that was not being held (heated).

BTW, I've had a chance to check out 2 bobbed valves since last posting in this thread. They were both stock valves that had been cut down - removing the additional material behind the valve chamber. The size of the valve chamber was not modified.

Since the size of the valve chamber was not changed, then it's clear that these bobbed valves provide only an aesthetic value with no ability to effect performance. There may be someone who has machined bobbed valves, and modified the size of the standard CCI valve chamber. If so, then those units may effect performance. Obviously, these valves would need to be tested to verify any impact that the valve chamber size might have.

Hopefully this will put to rest all of the unfounded hype that bobbed valves are some sort of great performance mod because unless the size of the valve chamber has been modified, then there won't be change in performance.

Quote:
My MCB Feedback
Old 04-04-2014, 09:43 AM   #28 (permalink)

Now we just need to develop a gauntlet that scavenges body heat to raise the temp of the palm of a glove - we'll have 60 shots from a 12 gram yet!
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:00 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Paintballer50505

My bobbed valves never changed the internal volume I kept the same dump chamber size. The whole point was to shorten up the gun area behind the frame, it also allows for my feedtubes to ride really low and allows for people to get there fingers fully around the back of a 10 round tube in one of my cram n jams which were also very low.

I also gave other features with the bobbed valves such as porting on any side that you wanted so if you wanted only a side port or just a back port or just an internal port or whatever variety you wouldnt have needless holes to plug which looks cleaner and leads to less mess.

Also I offered them in stainless brass and aluminum so you had another choice to add some weight to a possibly to light gun

Theres no me in suck but there is always u

Last edited by Paintballer50505; 04-05-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #30 (permalink)
Stock class SPAM

I have one of his stainless ones. Adds some heft to the right place on my phantom!
808Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI