mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 01-10-2014, 12:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I'll have an unregged stock phantom in the mail which I will run off a 13/3000. I'd be happy to shoot a hopper or two over a chrony. I'll also get barrel sizing, temperature, and psi decrease.

For Science!
Thanks, I appreciate the offer. However, I'll be testing the consistency/efficiency of 12-grams so unfortunately, I won't be able to use your data. Also, in order for me to get truly accurate test results I need to conduct controlled side-by-side tests of the same gun (with the stab and without), using the same paint, same bore-matched barrel, same brand 12-grams in the same temp/humidity with the same amount of time in between shots over the same chronos (I'll be using two) at the same elevation. Doing it this way is the only way to ensure an accurate assessment of the stabilizer's true performance. Otherwise we'll be comparing data with too many different variables = apples to oranges. I plan on documenting most, if not all, the testing with video as well.

Can't wait for Spring!

Get awesome Stock-Class Patches HERE

"There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference."
- Slim

One of the oldest teams in paintball with original members still playing - Tactical Assault Command

My Feedback
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Low skill High enthusiasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
Thanks, I appreciate the offer. However, I'll be testing the consistency/efficiency of 12-grams so unfortunately, I won't be able to use your data. Also, in order for me to get truly accurate test results I need to conduct controlled side-by-side tests of the same gun (with the stab and without), using the same paint, same bore-matched barrel, same brand 12-grams in the same temp/humidity with the same amount of time in between shots over the same chronos (I'll be using two) at the same elevation. Doing it this way is the only way to ensure an accurate assessment of the stabilizer's true performance. Otherwise we'll be comparing data with too many different variables = apples to oranges. I plan on documenting most, if not all, the testing with video as well.

Can't wait for Spring!
Makes sense, good luck and god speed
Striving to achieve everlasting glory in Vahalla
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Speaking of stabilizer questions, I've got a male Stab on the way for a cocker build, thinking of tossing it onto my VSC while I find the rest of the parts. However, I have a problem. I want to put the bucket changer on a duckbill ASA Hawaiian style, but can't remember if I need the 5 or 15 degree mounting block to get it level with the barrel on a 45 frame.

I think it's the 15, but anyone remember for sure?

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
Ole' Papa Pump

I just measured my 45* Phantom frame with my Angle Finder and it only measured 5*.

When I mounted my rail for an on/off ASA to use my 13/3000, all I did was put a #10 flat washer between the frame and the rail. It's almost square to the body.

Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 10 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantoms for SC, a CCM SS-25, a PGP and a Sovereign 3.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by turbowagonman; 01-11-2014 at 10:26 AM.
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Fair enough, thanks!

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

Slim-Love that you are doing this. I know this will answer some questions for me as well.

In the meantime, is palmers pursuit the only manufacturer of these? Is there anything else out there remotely similar? (preferably cheaper)
steest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steest View Post
Is palmers pursuit the only manufacturer of these? Is there anything else out there remotely similar? (preferably cheaper)
Yes, Palmer's is the only company currently making a stabilizer that is built into a Phantom valve body. At the bottom of the first post I gave some details about other (cheaper) alternatives to the PPS Phantom stab (CCI reg, PPS Sideline stab, etc.). You can run any high pressure reg/stab you want, but will need to figure out how to relocate your 12 gram changer if you attach the reg/stab to the vertical ASA on a VSC Phantom.

Get awesome Stock-Class Patches HERE

"There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference."
- Slim

One of the oldest teams in paintball with original members still playing - Tactical Assault Command

My Feedback
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowagonman View Post
I just measured my 45* Phantom frame with my Angle Finder and it only measured 5*.

When I mounted my rail for an on/off ASA to use my 13/3000, all I did was put a #10 flat washer between the frame and the rail. It's almost square to the body.
Yup, that is not a 45 degree frame, it is modeled after a Colt 1911 .45 frame, as in 45 caliber. The 86 degree frames made by ccm for autocockers/snipers measure 86*, however, the phantom version of the ccm 86* frame is slightly different and in fact less than 86*.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

LOw pressure stabilizer spring packs are useful when building up Nerf rocket launchers...

Stabilizer Conversion Kit, Low Pressure [REGS041] - $37.00 : Palmers Pursuit Shop, Where Custom Still Means Something

I have also used them in tandem with a sidewinder to run an AKA Viking on CO2
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Two questions about stabilizers.

1. Will using a stabilizer effect how I am springing my gun

2. The "side" stabilizer can the quick disconnect be swapped for a normal fitting? I'm not a huge fan of steel hose

Thanks!!!!
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI