mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 03-28-2014, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
It's All In The Reflexes.

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
What should I buy?

So in typical MCB fashion I bought one of Dukie's phantom lever kits without owning a phantom.....

My plan is to tap the valve on the top add a lever changer up behind the breach and have a springfeed that runs the length of the barrel.

So what the heck do I buy from CCI? Can I just order a tube, valve, hammer and spring etc. or should I go all out and buy after market stuff? I'm looking to max out efficiency and consistency.

Thanks in advance!
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pumps in the Woods

Brass N Wood Fan
Air soldier has all the parts you could ever want. But you can always call up Mike and order the parts from him.

You can never pass up a chance to buy up a sc phantom.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he’s gonna have to beat me to death with it, ‘cause it’s going to be empty." Clint Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns1000 View Post
You have a president a monkey, without brains.
He can't understand that Russia, the strongest and cleverest country in the world.

volunteer paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
So in typical MCB fashion...
HA! A true laugh-out-loud! Yeah, I was eye-balling the big hoop one, but just can't afford another project right now. I've been wanting a lever-action Phantom for quite some time too. Good for you though! It's going to be awesomeness once it's finished off.

I'm wondering why you wouldn't just replace the bobbed valve with a back bottle valve body? Does the bobbed valve get blocked in by the trigger assembly in the back? Can't tell from the photo.

I don't get too hung up on maximizing maximizing efficiency and consistency. Since CO2 pressure is determined by temperature, "maximizing" with 12-grams is an ever-moving target for players who experience broad temperature shifts during the day. A proper paint-to-bore match will impact overall performance far more than any internal mods or gimmicks will. CCI internals (blue main spring) have given me above average efficiency, and PPS stabs have given me above average consistency. If/when it gets hot out, my gun's performance maximizes.

Authorized CCI Dealer Specializing in Phantom Repairs and Custom Work
Serving the Greater Fairfield and New Haven County Area of CT Exclusively

Slim's Spring Stock Classic - USA vs. Canada!

Buy my BadAss Stock-Class T-Shirts

My CCI, RTR, Carter, Flasc and TechT Stock-Class Parts Purge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim
There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference.
My MCB Feedback
Slim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Call Mike! He would dig helping with your project! Pimp looking setup! Dukie is whack!

Last edited by Tick; 03-28-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by volunteer paintball View Post
Air soldier has all the parts you could ever want. But you can always call up Mike and order the parts from him.

You can never pass up a chance to buy up a sc phantom.
Yea calling Mike sounds solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
HA! A true laugh-out-loud! Yeah, I was eye-balling the big hoop one, but just can't afford another project right now. I've been wanting a lever-action Phantom for quite some time too. Good for you though! It's going to be awesomeness once it's finished off.

I'm wondering why you wouldn't just replace the bobbed valve with a back bottle valve body? Does the bobbed valve get blocked in by the trigger assembly in the back? Can't tell from the photo.

I don't get too hung up on maximizing maximizing efficiency and consistency. Since CO2 pressure is determined by temperature, "maximizing" with 12-grams is an ever-moving target for players who experience broad temperature shifts during the day. A proper paint-to-bore match will impact overall performance far more than any internal mods or gimmicks will. CCI internals (blue main spring) have given me above average efficiency, and PPS stabs have given me above average consistency. If/when it gets hot out, my gun's performance maximizes.
I have no idea what a bobbed valve or non bobbed valve is lol. I think a back bottle setup would get in the way of your hand trying to grip the handle. I'm thinking of putting a sawed off winchester stock on it ala the Mare's Leg.

A top lever changer would be the only aesthetically pleasing way to get air to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick View Post
Call Mike! He would dig helping with your project! Pimp looking setup! Dukie is whack!
Dukie is the man.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Note that the body and valve on there are just something Dukie tossed on to show how they'll sit on the lever action. You'll need a valve, internals, a body, a barrel, a feed, and some kind of ASA to fit the whole thing out.

I'm personally thinking that my plan is a 14" factory freak bored barrel, stock Phantom feed block, a center-feed stock class body, standard internals (maybe with a fluted hammer), and either a stock valve so the 12ie sits along the top of the stock, or a side valve run with line to a dropout changer mounted in the forearm or stock.

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
fuchsia patent holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
a side valve run with line to a dropout changer mounted in the forearm.....
Some sort of lever This.
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #8 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I'd rather have the 12 gram lever changer on top of the valve and behind the springfeed since it would look better and there wouldn't be a line from the front of the gun to the rear.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
What's the best barrel length for a Phantom?

I was going to go with a 14 inch barrel and 18 round springfeed like my DSG has.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
GMO Population control

I have a factory 14" barrel with the ASP detent mod (necessary in my book)on mine and it shoots Darts, titties, ect… I have seen a few inexpensive phantom packages flow through the sale section recently.
Really though, you should just abandon the project and sell that fine piece at a loss. P.M. me your lowest.
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI