mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 04-17-2014, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Revolution VS T2

Ok I asked this in the CCM thread and did not get a very straight answer. They Just ended up telling me to ask here. So Here it goes. What are your opinions between buying the CCM T2 or CCI Revolution. I want to get into Pump and would buy one of these. I used to shoot a CCI phantom but I just did not like the pump stroke and a few other things.
paintballer999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
rec poser

Get a T2.
swamphawk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

it all come down to preference since each one will have own quirk the other does not have. also the fact each will difference in wieght to them and if back heavy too on setup.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

I want your personal opinions. what you would choose and why
paintballer999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

If you want stock class, Revolution. If you want open class, definitely the T2.

Classic Mag, Grey Ghost #308, SC Brassterling, Super Stocker, VM-68
05 Cyborg, 06 Cyborg, PM8 LE Canary, Hybrid NXT, E-Tac

(MCB) Feedback
Z3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
rec poser

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer999 View Post
I want your personal opinions. what you would choose and why
I have owned and have spent a good bit of time with both.
Telling you straight.
Get the T2.
swamphawk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
South African pump player

I don't own a T2, but I mishandled one. T2 is an awesome pump, slightly heavier than the Phantom (I don't have a Revolution or any means of getting one). Depending on whether you have a stick feed or not you can run it open class or stock class where I prefer my Phantom for being stock class although it can go open class as well. For anything open class I would use a cocker or T2 in this case. The Phantom is stupid light and the way I have mine setup it is perfect, nothing wrong with the T2 either.

I don't know much about the Revolution and don't know the real reasoning behind it. Most people that I have read about seem to... want to make it a working semi, well people on mcb will always want to convert a semi to pump and a pump to semi or that is my version of it anyway. The Revolution looks cool and I am sure it shoots great, but I would either go for a normal VSC Phantom or with a T2. I might change my mind once i get to shoot a Revolution, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon since I live in South Africa and pump play is VERY limited.

Long story short as the other guys mentioned in both threads it is personal preference. If I had to choose I would get a VSC Phantom (strictly stock class) or T2 for open class. I am not overly fond of that finger pump thing that the Revolution has, but again I might change my mind after I shot one.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm going to throw my $0.02 in here even though I don't own either, nor have I shot either.

Both CCI and CCM make high quality products with amazing customer service.

I'm concerned that you didn't care for the Phantom. The Revolution has similar geometry and may not be to your liking. CCMs have narrow grip frames, you may love or hate this. Do you like Sniper style pumps? If so CCM is a good bet.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I still have no idea what the revolution does...

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Naw, MAr's special. He's like Brad Pitt or George Clooney or something... totally cool to be a little gay for him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Anyone not wanting to BE Mar is doing it wrong.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I have been using a Phantom Revolution for the last couple weeks except for last weekend because I had a tournament and I wanted to use my proven halfblock sniper.

While the Revolution has an incredible shot quality, super smooth pump stroke, and is extremely light especially with a 13/3000 tank, it does have a few drawbacks. The main drawback for me is that if you short stroke it during a game you are pretty much done until you clean out the barrel, bolt, sizer, and hopper. I get about 150 shots from the small tank which is more than I need for a pump tournament round or 2 games of rec play. Also the Revolution doesn't have auto trigger it doesn't bother me since it is a feature that I feel should be removed from every pump marker.

If you go with a T2 I would highly recommend buying one with an 86 degrees frame and whatever pump handle feels the best in your hands.
jeryzkid22 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI