mcarterbrown.com

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 04-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomGSI View Post
I found my 14" DW is quieter then the already easy on ears 11" stocker.

To the O.P. : as far as getting your barrel bored, cost getting it done, shipping...

Best bet to call up Mike directly ask him if he has one avail in your Ano & size match and get it shipped to ya.

Performance wise, well quite a few variables do apply, quality of paint proper bore match (in comes the theoretical counters) etc... But that's not barrel specific, its sport specific.

Bottom line, I've always invested in multiple barrels and 99% of time, you end up finding "Ol' Faithful" rendering the collection obsolete.
With your DW were u using freak inserts as well?? And if you were was there an increase in efficiency?
den_den25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
GunPhighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
This.
My bone-stock matching-anno and a set of rings works so well, I wonder why I bought the .681 LAPCO and the .687 CCI Nickel plated.
Barrel Back up for THAT guy at the field...

You know, the "this paint is crap, blah blah blah" guy...

You hand him the spare barrel and he turns into the sniper from Saving Private Ryan...
PhantomGSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
Well it does always go back to quality paint doesn't it. I've had Marbs last year that sized to .679 more times than not. So having a Freaked barrel helps with roll outs more than anything. When your on top of the castle and you aim down and the ball just rolls out before you can aim and pull the trigger it gets frustrating. So to me it's worth having a Freaked barrel. Just my 2 cents. Feyd........
Old 04-27-2014, 07:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
GunPhighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by den_den25 View Post
With your DW were u using freak inserts as well?? And if you were was there an increase in efficiency?
Yes I am using the DW Fibur, increase in efficiency?

I haven't done a test on it, I do a ritual 12ie swap every 25-30 balls.

May do a shot test next wknd with chronograph but I've never been overly concerned bout it. As long as I can get a consistent 30 shots in 285-295fps range, I'm a happy cat.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I found my 14" DW is quieter then the already easy on ears 11" stocker.
FYI- 8" DW doesn't have porting. I track opposing players by listening to the paint rattle in their pod packs. Its not noticeable to me YMMV I also have 20db's of conductive hearing loss in my right ear.
oldschool45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
GunPhighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool45 View Post
FYI- 8" DW doesn't have porting. I track opposing players by listening to the paint rattle in their pod packs. Its not noticeable to me YMMV I also have 20db's of conductive hearing loss in my right ear.
Wasn't aware of the lack of porting on the 8" DW, thanks for info.

On a personal note that tracking skill is quite remarkable, I track 'em by the smell of fear and have occasionally been known to be lactose intolerant.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Yes I am using the DW Fibur, increase in efficiency?

I haven't done a test on it, I do a ritual 12ie swap every 25-30 balls.

May do a shot test next wknd with chronograph but I've never been overly concerned bout it. As long as I can get a consistent 30 shots in 285-295fps range, I'm a happy cat.
The .679 is the smallest bore in the freak inserts correct?? is that small enough or sometimes do you feel the need for a smaller insert?
den_den25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:55 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
The .679 is the smallest bore in the freak inserts correct?? is that small enough or sometimes do you feel the need for a smaller insert?
You can get .677 or .675 from factory .670 is available in custom brass if you look around. I own a .677 I haven't brought myself to get a .675 yet.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
GunPhighter

Quote:
Smallest I got, but there is smaller outthere...
Old 04-27-2014, 08:08 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
On a personal note that tracking skill is quite remarkable, I track 'em by the smell of fear and have occasionally been known to be lactose intolerant.
I also watch for airball bunkers wobbling around when there is no wind. I have shot idjits in the neck for target shooting full PSP ramping, during a game, because I can't hear what is going on down field If you can I highly recommend reffing as a way to learn more, you get a chance to pick up on things that you don't have the chance to notice when people are shooting at you.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI