mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Old school from way back!
 
turbowagonman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mentor, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
If the label has a "rehydro by:" date on the label, it will matter. I've had an under 2x2 extreme rage tank turned down because it had the rehydro by date. Try telling the fill tech you can ignore it, usually doesn't go well. Although that's true of most tanks, very few fields/fill techs even know the 2x2 rule.
OK, I was kind of wondering because when I got my 4 oz tank (last year) the owner of the field I play at most mentioned it to the girl behind the counter "hydro date doesn't matter with that small of a tank" when they were putting the sticker on mine meaning I don't have to pay for fills (I have a membership there). So I guess it matters from field to field, thanks for the clarification.
__________________
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.


Feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
chrislognshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowagonman View Post
OK, I was kind of wondering because when I got my 4 oz tank (last year) the owner of the field I play at most mentioned it to the girl behind the counter "hydro date doesn't matter with that small of a tank" when they were putting the sticker on mine meaning I don't have to pay for fills (I have a membership there). So I guess it matters from field to field, thanks for the clarification.
that is true since most people do not know that 4oz and 3.5oz tanks do not need to hydro.
__________________
pc steam handle chrisfallout666
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Old school from way back!
 
turbowagonman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mentor, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
that is true since most people do not know that 4oz and 3.5oz tanks do not need to hydro.
I know the 2x2 rule applies to my 13/3000 but I wasn't totally sure if it applied to C02, even though the measurement rule applied but I was sure because of the propellant.

That's why I love this site, you can get answers without sarcasm.
__________________
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.


Feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
chrislognshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowagonman View Post
I know the 2x2 rule applies to my 13/3000 but I wasn't totally sure if it applied to C02, even though the measurement rule applied but I was sure because of the propellant.

That's why I love this site, you can get answers without sarcasm.
not sure if same for bullet 7oz tank too. but it might be no hydro too. someone will shine on 7oz tank
__________________
pc steam handle chrisfallout666
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Discovr of the Hidden Cup
 
Axel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Greencastle, Pennsylvania

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I thought the extreme rage 4oz was greater than 2" OD?

I think if you Google the DOT code on the old Tippmann 7oz bottles, there's a specific exemption notice for the series.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
Clearly, Axel doesn't know what he's talking about.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
chrislognshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006

i thought it came down to how long and skin tank was.
__________________
pc steam handle chrisfallout666
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Old school from way back!
 
turbowagonman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mentor, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
I thought the extreme rage 4oz was greater than 2" OD?

I think if you Google the DOT code on the old Tippmann 7oz bottles, there's a specific exemption notice for the series.
I have an Extreme Rage tank and it's 2.115 in diameter but the owner of the field says it falls under the 2X2 rule. At the cost of the tanks even if I have to buy one after 10/2015 that's alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
i thought it came down to how long and skin tank was.
The way I understand the rule is as long as it's 2 inches or less in diameter and 2 feet or less in length it falls under the 2x2 rule.
__________________
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.


Feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
chrislognshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowagonman View Post
I have an Extreme Rage tank and it's 2.115 in diameter but the owner of the field says it falls under the 2X2 rule. At the cost of the tanks even if I have to buy one after 10/2015 that's alright.



The way I understand the rule is as long as it's 2 inches or less in diameter and 2 feet or less in length it falls under the 2x2 rule.
that what i thought it was. was not sure and could not recall.
__________________
pc steam handle chrisfallout666
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Mindless_Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: JeRsEy
Send a message via AIM to Mindless_Chaos

I was glad to see this link. I ordered one. Whats really cool is it is pre filled. So the price is very good.
__________________
In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason.
-Ernest Hemingway

My Feedback
Mindless_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
Shi Tamagutsu Ka
 
Pyrate Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: the group W bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowagonman View Post
Does the 2x2 rule apply to Co2 tanks or only HPA? If so I don't think the "born on date" would matter.
From what I was taught at PTI (Paintball Training Institute) the 2x2 rule only applies to Co2 tanks stamped "3al", which are limited to 1800psi.
HPA tanks go beyond the pressures allowed under the 2x2 rule.
__________________
CT co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC