mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCI (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/)
-   -   Freak vs. Lapco (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/27454-freak-vs-lapco.html)

idkfa 12-07-2007 12:19 PM

Freak vs. Lapco

Okay, I have a bit of a dilemma.

I technically have two barrel kits for my Phantom. I recently bought a Lapco Accushot Kit, and my parents bought me a 11" stock barrel bored for Freaks (thanks Nathan) and a complete aluminum insert kit for Christmas.

I sort of need money now, so I am thinking of selling the Lapco kit. However, I would take the best one out of both of them, but I would sort of feel bad for selling a gift...

That aside, what do you think of these two kits? I find the Lapco kit (the Microshot really is all I use) great in the few times I have used it, but it is a little long and I still have to use detent rings with field paint.

I know I am giving a LOT of variables, but what is the better choice? I know I COULD wait a few weeks and try them both out, but I sort of need some money now (but I can force myself to wait and sell the Freak kit if the Lapco is better). The way I see it:

Freak Kit

Pros

- Multiple Bore Size
- Uses stock barrel, which I love
- No real need for rings

Cons

- ????
- Smart Parts? Too late I guess, it is already bought. :p

Lapco Kit

Pros

- Nice looking
- Works well
- Quiet
- Lapco are awesome. :)

Cons

- Long(er)
- "Only" three sizes

This is more or less random bantering, but without The PhOG around, I will force you to listen to my brain diarrhea. :hammer:

Brewtt 12-07-2007 12:52 PM

Use both and decide for yourself what YOU prefer.

That being said I would keep the Lapco set. No question.

JOESPUD27 12-07-2007 01:42 PM

Lapco > Freak.

I own and shoot both.

Jay

Su8lime Paintball 12-07-2007 01:44 PM

I'm a freak-toter, and it's the only post-'95 SP item that I will use on any of my markers, but I'm going to have to say "Go Lapco". Lapco makes a superior kit, very high quality. What it lacks in selection is made up for by the incredible quality of the barrel.

The only reason I use Freaks are for color matching, and multiple lengths/bore sizes.

russc 12-07-2007 02:41 PM

I'm not a huge fan of the Freak system but your parents went out of their way to set you up with a gift that isn't common. They probably busted their asses making sure you got something cool, so I say keep the Freak.

Shade12 12-07-2007 03:25 PM

Whichever one you don't want you could just give to me. :p
IMHO you should use both and decide which you like better.

idkfa 12-07-2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russc (Post 261154)
I'm not a huge fan of the Freak system but your parents went out of their way to set you up with a gift that isn't common. They probably busted their asses making sure you got something cool, so I say keep the Freak.

I think you almost made me cry. :o

I think I will hold onto them, and see what I like more. I don't think I could sell the Freak though... they contacted O'Dell's, got the barrel bored... :o

Cunha 12-07-2007 03:33 PM

I would keep the parents given freak. I personally use the lapco set minus the big shot, but I would keep what my parents gave me.

Plus, the freak is very universal. The bores are good for a cocker freak barrel, a shorter phantom barrel..they really are useful across the board.

Plus the lapco kit is worth more when sold than the freak.

idkfa 12-07-2007 04:00 PM

Well, it is settled, after feeling like a lil' bastige... :p

I will sell the Lapco. :)