mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 07-04-2017, 11:32 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Like drawing a dot on your computer screen for an fps game
Ashton S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:07 AM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

You can snap with them, since you are usually shooting at another stationary person. While you are behind cover, point your marker at the target as if you were looking through your bunker and get the dot in sight. Pop out and fire as the dot crosses the target and come back.

This works with red dots too, but you have to be able to do the occluded thing anyway.

Long balling is really good with a dot. Once you get the elevation on a bunker where you can drop in and you've eliminated someone, wait a minute to see if someone will take their place. On re-spawn games, I've had the same person come back to the same bunker. The number of shots required is dependent on the accuracy of your paint, but you keep the dot in the same place and wait for a ball to act normal.

You can also play the wind that way. I've landed a few serious drift shots in a steady wind. Looked more like a tee shot with a slice.

If you hold the marker the same way all of the time, the dot starts coming up more easily, even when moving.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
Professional Walk-On

I have always wanted to try an Armson out but miss out on used ones and don't want to fork over for a new one.

MCB +41/-0
PBN +48/-0
eBay +415/-0

iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:56 PM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

So I was looking at these today for real steel use and saw people complaining that the dot drifts if you don't take the shot quickly and take your time to line up the shot. Anyone experience this?
somethingbenign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:25 PM   #35 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm suspicious this has to do with their eyes and focus; I think it's going to be different for everyone. Armson warns of it in their instructions. Personally I've tried and can't make it drift. I've even used the same method on real steel using an Aimpoint with the front cover down (so I can't see through). I got no shift in point of impact or change in group size at 100 yards compared to the leans cap up. Again this is just my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:32 PM   #36 (permalink)
MCB Member

^ Yeah I think any "drifting" can be corrected by blinking or re-focusing the eyes, look away and then look back at the target and fire a shot before the brain gets side-tracked and be like "I'm going to wander this eye off like a chameleon for no reason lul"

Or maybe I'm making stuff up
I don't have this problem
Old 08-27-2017, 06:46 PM   #37 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingbenign View Post
So I was looking at these today for real steel use and saw people complaining that the dot drifts if you don't take the shot quickly and take your time to line up the shot. Anyone experience this?

nope never seen this, and as I know the South African army were using the Armson successfully for years I would say its the shooter not the site

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI