mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCI (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/)
-   -   Quack! :D (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/29367-quack-d.html)

VVulfe 01-07-2008 03:00 PM

Quack! :D

So, after long last, I finally got the Phantom over which various bits and bobs I've been piecing together are being mounted.

I'm practically bouncing off the walls here, especially because I got it just in time for the game Freedom's running tomorrow.

In my rush to get it together, however, I made a bit of a mistake - I overtightened the sight post on my ghostring sight...and stripped it out? Is this fixable, or do I have to bite the bullet and just replace it? :mad:

Also, I've noticed a bit of wobble between the Duckslide and the Phantom - is this to be expected, and is there anything I can do to minimize it?

Anyhow, enough of my yammering. Have some eye-candy (although, admittedly, I shot it in a bit of a rush, and the composition is not all that great.)

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...ForPhogMCB.jpg

Greenmtnphantom 01-07-2008 03:05 PM

Thats nice! From the sounds of it you couldn't ask for better timing, you'll have to let us all know how it shoots.

c6quad 01-07-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVulfe (Post 281623)
Also, I've noticed a bit of wobble between the Duckslide and the Phantom - is this to be expected, and is there anything I can do to minimize it?

that's the nature of the beast. my two Duckslides are the same way. i don't have any details on how to fix it either so just deal with it and shoot someone.:D

freedom 01-07-2008 07:59 PM

sweet... see you at the game :D

xkpxfatassxx 01-08-2008 02:59 AM

I love the wood grips, and the silver parts. They both complement the duck very well.

shoot to thrill 01-16-2008 01:13 AM

Thats hot, actually my favorite duckslide, the contrast is balla

Chaos 01-16-2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVulfe (Post 281623)

It's simple really.....take a nylon screw from the hardware store that'll thread into the forward hole where the Phantom site rail normally goes on the valve body,file the head of that screw down enough that once screwed in by hand it allows the slide to move smoothly but,takes up enough of the slack to get rid of alot of the wobble.Might take a few attempts to get it right,but,I did that to the one I had and it worked great that way,still wobbled a bit,wasn't nearly as bad though.

c6quad 01-16-2008 02:04 AM

that's not a bad idea there.

i thought about drilling and tapping the both sides of the trigger frame for some nylon set screws that will contact bottom edges of the Duckslide. there isn't much meat there to tap and the set screws would need trimming on the inside for the Phantom main body to seat down on the trigger frame but with a little trial and error fitting it'll work and i bet it would cure about all the wobble.

VVulfe 01-16-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos (Post 289173)
It's simple really.....take a nylon screw from the hardware store that'll thread into the forward hole where the Phantom site rail normally goes on the valve body,file the head of that screw down enough that once screwed in by hand it allows the slide to move smoothly but,takes up enough of the slack to get rid of alot of the wobble.Might take a few attempts to get it right,but,I did that to the one I had and it worked great that way,still wobbled a bit,wasn't nearly as bad though.

That's brilliant. Gotta give it a try.

Got to break this gun in last night at Freedom's pump game. My god, I think I'm in love...

Fig 03-23-2008 03:19 PM

nice!, hoping to get my hands on a duck soon ;)