mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 01-07-2008, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
I Hate This City.

Talking Quack! :D

So, after long last, I finally got the Phantom over which various bits and bobs I've been piecing together are being mounted.

I'm practically bouncing off the walls here, especially because I got it just in time for the game Freedom's running tomorrow.

In my rush to get it together, however, I made a bit of a mistake - I overtightened the sight post on my ghostring sight...and stripped it out? Is this fixable, or do I have to bite the bullet and just replace it?

Also, I've noticed a bit of wobble between the Duckslide and the Phantom - is this to be expected, and is there anything I can do to minimize it?

Anyhow, enough of my yammering. Have some eye-candy (although, admittedly, I shot it in a bit of a rush, and the composition is not all that great.)

VVulfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Thats nice! From the sounds of it you couldn't ask for better timing, you'll have to let us all know how it shoots.
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Mega Z for sale: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...el-mega-z.html
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVulfe View Post
Also, I've noticed a bit of wobble between the Duckslide and the Phantom - is this to be expected, and is there anything I can do to minimize it?
that's the nature of the beast. my two Duckslides are the same way. i don't have any details on how to fix it either so just deal with it and shoot someone.
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

sweet... see you at the game
freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Blah

I love the wood grips, and the silver parts. They both complement the duck very well.
xkpxfatassxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Sailor by choice

Send a message via AIM to shoot to thrill

Palmers Fan
Thats hot, actually my favorite duckslide, the contrast is balla

MCB Feedback

New England Waterman, a nautical life

New England Waterman Photography
shoot to thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVulfe View Post

It's simple really.....take a nylon screw from the hardware store that'll thread into the forward hole where the Phantom site rail normally goes on the valve body,file the head of that screw down enough that once screwed in by hand it allows the slide to move smoothly but,takes up enough of the slack to get rid of alot of the wobble.Might take a few attempts to get it right,but,I did that to the one I had and it worked great that way,still wobbled a bit,wasn't nearly as bad though.
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

that's not a bad idea there.

i thought about drilling and tapping the both sides of the trigger frame for some nylon set screws that will contact bottom edges of the Duckslide. there isn't much meat there to tap and the set screws would need trimming on the inside for the Phantom main body to seat down on the trigger frame but with a little trial and error fitting it'll work and i bet it would cure about all the wobble.
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
I Hate This City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
It's simple really.....take a nylon screw from the hardware store that'll thread into the forward hole where the Phantom site rail normally goes on the valve body,file the head of that screw down enough that once screwed in by hand it allows the slide to move smoothly but,takes up enough of the slack to get rid of alot of the wobble.Might take a few attempts to get it right,but,I did that to the one I had and it worked great that way,still wobbled a bit,wasn't nearly as bad though.
That's brilliant. Gotta give it a try.

Got to break this gun in last night at Freedom's pump game. My god, I think I'm in love...
VVulfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fig

nice!, hoping to get my hands on a duck soon
Fig is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI