mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 01-22-2017, 03:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Stoking the "Phire"

I'm super happy a CL deal worked out for me so I can officially say I'm part of a group of people that spell things with PH's instead of F's and think they're so clever.

So excited!

I can't really explain the excitement other than I think it's months/years of desire and now to be able to actually hold something in my hands that I've seen many pictures and videos of. This must be what "Beliebers" feel when they meet Justin Bebier... except I get to keep him... or it, I suppose.

I always like hearing about the buzz of other people when they get their new stuff, so I thought I'd share my stoke! It's such a great feeling!

I look forward to asking a million questions on my journey with this new marker. I usually consider naming inanimate objects strange and silly, but I guess I'll be strange and silly this time around.

Friends, meet Bluefire.
Attached Images

Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cyborg

Love the color on that one. I've always wanted a Phantom, but never snagged one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder

I had to report your post

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-cameron View Post
There's a joke there somewhere...
Because that is funny on several levels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
that's not fair. if they are not smart enough, or have no knowledge of the ramifications of their stupidity, then they should pay the price.
super-cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Yellowbeard

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
Welcome to the club!
Since you're new, I'll forgive your misspelling of "Bluephire".
Once.

"You wanna know what I think? I think you're some kind of deviated prevert. I think General Ripper found out about your preversions, and that you were organizing some kind of mutiny of preverts."

"Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it..."
-Mephistopheles
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Nice setup. Vert Stock Class is by far my favorite setup for the Phantom.

I Fit kit for bore options. I'm interisted in hearing how you like that. Dose it have its own barrel or is goes in between the body and stock barrel? Looks like a great option for those that want to retain the over the barrel type pump handles.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Welcome to the club! Good choice, VSC is my favorite setup. It's the most user friendly for in game CO2 changes making it a great choice for a first Phantom. But I must warn you, they are very addicting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yeah. I think the seed was planted when I was at a paintball shop years ago and someone was thinking about buying a phantom and all the sales people went, "Ooo! Do it!" At the time, I thought he was crazy. So, yeah, long time brewing addict, first time user.

In all honesty, purple/black would be my first choice (with the same finish). But blue will probably shoot as well. I dunno.

The ifit kit - yeah, the inserts go into an "inbetween" that is phantom threaded on one side and something else (I think it's cocker?) on the other side. The trouble is, the seller didn't give me the modified pump handle (likely, he didn't have it), so the ifit kit doesn't actually fit right now. Kind of ironic. Should be an easy fix though, I just need to bore out the (delrin?) handle part of the way through so it will fit over the "inbetween" barrel adapter. He had the detent rings too, so I'm not in a big rush... though those ifit inserts look pretty yummy to use (.673, .676, +). I hear underboring is all the rage (thanks punkworks!).

As far as setup, yeah, gotta love the Lego gun. I didn't get VSC right away. Initially my dream builds were drop out changer, back air to bottom lines, but then I realized you need slightly more effort to change between HPA and C02. VSC is just like unscrew one thing (bucket changer), screw in HPA tank, bam! Back on the field. Plus, I have NO idea what I'll like, so it gives me a few things to play around with.

Lately I seem to be spending way too much time on the side arm "share your rig" picture thread. I would love to figure out a loadout that I only have to fill at the start of the day, but is as minimalist as possible. Not a fan of the mole concept. I like the joyride pack as an idea... but I'm trying to do it on the cheap. So I will see where my reasearch, craftiness and dumpster diving gets me. Hopefully somewhere cool and not into trouble. We'll see.
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ole' Papa Pump

The best mod I've done to any of my many Phantom's over the years is to send it out to Air Soldier Products (Have Blue here on the forum) and have the "ASP Detent Mod" done. It will stop double feeds and rollouts.

Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 10 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantoms for SC, a CCM SS-25, a PGP and a Sovereign 3.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowagonman View Post
The best mod I've done to any of my many Phantom's over the years is to send it out to Air Soldier Products (Have Blue here on the forum) and have the "ASP Detent Mod" done. It will stop double feeds and rollouts.
Would exact timed pump stroke prevent double feed and stock rings for roll outs
I hardly hardly get a doue feed. And using big paint like evil, i forget rollouts and the stock .686 barrel acts as underboring due to paint being around .688

A friend plays phantom only for over 20 years and he swear that double feeds only occur with small paint... his quote. Idk...
Leo87pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ole' Papa Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo87pump View Post
Would exact timed pump stroke prevent double feed and stock rings for roll outs
Yes it probably would but I had paint breakage every so often using the Detent rings, hence the reason I had the ASP Detent mod done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo87pump View Post
I hardly hardly get a doue feed. And using big paint like evil, i forget rollouts and the stock .686 barrel acts as underboring due to paint being around .688

A friend plays phantom only for over 20 years and he swear that double feeds only occur with small paint... his quote. Idk...
With all the Phantoms I've had, I've never had a stock barrel that small, I think all the stock barrels I've ever had were around .690 and since I got back into the game in 2011 I haven't shot any paint that large in Northeastern Ohio or Western PA. I'm pretty sure the largest paint I've shot since I got back into the game has been .684 although I have had to use a larger insert with some bad batches of paint just to keep the barrel breaks to a minimum but like I said that was due to bad paint.

Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 10 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantoms for SC, a CCM SS-25, a PGP and a Sovereign 3.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowagonman View Post
Yes it probably would but I had paint breakage every so the Detent rings, hence the reason I had the ASP Detent mod done

Great answer, makes sense.

With all the Phantoms I've had, I've never had a stock barrel that small, I think all the stock barrels I've ever had were around .690 and since I got back into the game in 2011 I haven't shot any paint that large in Northeastern Ohio or Western PA. I'm pretty sure the largest paint I've shot since I got back into the game has been .684 although I have had to use a larger insert with some bad batches of paint just to keep the barrel breaks to a minimum but like I said that was due to bad paint.
I'm not sure about old phantoms but on a vsc phantom the stock barrel is .686
Mike confirmed this to me on the phone plus, i measured it at work with an inspection competitor. I'm doubting about freak boring my stock barrel, i'm thinking about c bore barrel or ifit
Leo87pump is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI