mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 03-16-2017, 02:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
Play for Phun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
I like the single tube design and that it is right feed or at least mine is, it aims well. The build quality and modular design make me happy as well. I've never had the pleasure of feeling up a CCM, but I'm sure I'd like that too for different reasons.
Agree... I've had he stock class center feed and I couldn't aim it but give me an offset feed and I'm happy. Mines are all rf.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:48 AM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

phantom and grey ghost for SC
sniper II or brass for OC
sterling is the only thing that doesn't feel right to me yet.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

I too am still trying to get the hang of my Sterling. Both my phantoms are RF and CF revolution for OC.
estin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

Prefer Phantom Over Sniper?

Phantom wins for me only because of its simplicity and modularity. It's well made and K.I.S.S.

Both platforms are awesome and work well in stock and open class configurations. A broken in Phantom has a heavier pump stroke then a good Sniper but is still very smooth. My Sniper with all CCM parts has an incredible light and smooth pump, definitely my second favorite gun, or at least tied with my PPS Superstalker.

Edit: Customer service is excellent at CCI, CCM, and PPS. When you call CCI you get Mike directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:59 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
The only thing a CCM marker ever did better for me than my CCI is autotrigger fast, and I don't really autotrigger, so I prefer my Phantom. My sniper was a lot heavier didn't point as nicely, plus it took more effort to fix.

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
Posting more than playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
The only thing a CCM marker ever did better for me than my CCI is autotrigger fast, and I don't really autotrigger, so I prefer my Phantom. My sniper was a lot heavier didn't point as nicely, plus it took more effort to fix.
It all really comes down to THIS. I am hanging onto my custom built Sniper because it's the first build I have ever done, but I ditched my 45/45 tank because it made it all too heavy, on top of being too short, so I'll run it with a 17ci and a stick feed or 50 round for modified stock and open class. Simplicity and light weightedness of the Phantom just can't be beat.

MCB +42/-0
PBN +53/-0
eBay +447/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:37 AM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Yeah, the last one I ran was a 2000-era WGP autococker body sniper with a 45/45, and going from that to my Phantom was night and day. Even if I open-class it for some reason and put a 50 round and 3.5oz CO2 tank on, the Phantom is super light.

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
sex, pump and R'n'R

Like lot of people, phantom is the best for Sc and I tried many sc guns but i prefer my cocker for oc and tournaments.
fouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:40 PM   #29 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
For you guys who've made the switch to phantom from snipers, how did you relearn your aim? I don't know how many rounds I've shot from a pgp or other three stacked brass but it's a ton. I just point and shoot now and the ball goes mostly where I need it. With the phantom, I shot high all the time and never could hit consistently with it. I spent about a case and a half trying to learn it and wound up wrecking my Sheridan accuracy in the process. I want to join the club, but I felt like Tiger Woods trying to relearn his swing with my last phantom.

I've got a Revolution coming my way so I'll see how I shoot with that.

Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:01 AM   #30 (permalink)
Brumski

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
For you guys who've made the switch to phantom from snipers, how did you relearn your aim? I don't know how many rounds I've shot from a pgp or other three stacked brass but it's a ton. I just point and shoot now and the ball goes mostly where I need it. With the phantom, I shot high all the time and never could hit consistently with it. I spent about a case and a half trying to learn it and wound up wrecking my Sheridan accuracy in the process. I want to join the club, but I felt like Tiger Woods trying to relearn his swing with my last phantom.

I've got a Revolution coming my way so I'll see how I shoot with that.
From personal experience I'd say try different grips on the phantom if you're aiming high. I use flat panels myself, helped a ton. For me, comfortably holding grips with finger grooves caused me to point the barrel up more often than not because of the width and spacing.
Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Paintball
Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/melvin.brumski

Things I would like to purchase with American dollars:
1: Dragon barrel plugs!
2: Skanline VTS for a VM68

I moved across the country, if you live in Louisiana hit me up!
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI