mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 04-18-2017, 09:18 AM   #21 (permalink)
phantom phanatic

Send a message via AIM to Phantom1313

@ Winklebottoms - yes I made the sight ring as well, out of a botched feed tube no less!

@ turbowagonman - I'm currently waiting until next month when I know I'll have more time, but yes, another run of these will be made in the sorta near future. I would be open to selling a few, once I've gotten the length down. My current setup (the one you see) allows 11 in the feed tube plus one in the chamber, so it's a "12 round" capacity but, it is close. I was aiming for a 10 round feed tube length but I went a little long for to be safe and it worked out pretty well.

One issue we need to sort out together is the fact that the inner diameter of CCI feed blocks varies every so slightly from block to block due to normal variation in production. So far, I've only "custom fit" to my own feed blocks on my own guns, and there is no way for me to guarantee that these will fit yours as snugly as mine compression fit into the block. I sanded it down to fit this one perfectly, but it wiggles a bit in my other feed block...and so, you have the problem....I'd rather not force you to hand finish the fit once you get it, but there may be no way around this.

and for the record, the feed tube cap is held on via compression with some teflon tape I wrapped around the end of the carbon fiber feed tube to make it thicker and a bit tacky so the cap wouldn't slide as easily as on the slick carbon finish. The tape is hidden when cap is installed. You just wiggle-slide it on to the end and it should stay. If it ever gets loose, just re-wrap with new teflon tape and reinstall the cap.

Also, glossy finish (like the prototype) on the next ones, or matte finish??

Last edited by Phantom1313; 04-18-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Phantom1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:57 AM   #22 (permalink)
Ole' Papa Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom1313 View Post
@ turbowagonman - I'm currently waiting until next month when I know I'll have more time, but yes, another run of these will be made in the sorta near future. I would be open to selling a few, once I've gotten the length down. My current setup (the one you see) allows 11 in the feed tube plus one in the chamber, so it's a "12 round" capacity but, it is close. I was aiming for a 10 round feed tube length but I went a little long for to be safe and it worked out pretty well.

One issue we need to sort out together is the fact that the inner diameter of CCI feed blocks varies every so slightly from block to block due to normal variation in production. So far, I've only "custom fit" to my own feed blocks on my own guns, and there is no way for me to guarantee that these will fit yours as snugly as mine compression fit into the block. I sanded it down to fit this one perfectly, but it wiggles a bit in my other feed block...and so, you have the problem....I'd rather not force you to hand finish the fit once you get it, but there may be no way around this.

and for the record, the feed tube cap is held on via compression with some teflon tape I wrapped around the end of the carbon fiber feed tube to make it thicker and a bit tacky so the cap wouldn't slide as easily as on the slick carbon finish. The tape is hidden when cap is installed. You just wiggle-slide it on to the end and it should stay. If it ever gets loose, just re-wrap with new teflon tape and reinstall the cap.

Also, glossy finish (like the prototype) on the next ones, or matte finish??
Oh I'm in no hurry, 11 rounds would be fine and I can understand the variability from feed block to feed block. If and when you're ready to start making these I'm totally willing to have to do a little sanding on the tube to make it fit my application. I posted because I think what you have done is very cool and I'd love to have a Carbon Fiber feed tube on my next Phantom build.

Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 10 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantoms for SC, a CCM SS-25, a PGP and a Sovereign 3.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
phantom phanatic

~thanks~

Thanks for the kind words turbo! I'll for sure let ya know when more get made.

The ultimate question remains though:

gloss, or matte finish?

I'm considering possibly doing one set in each finish...thoughts?
Old 04-19-2017, 10:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
Ole' Papa Pump

Well I'm currently building a Hawaiian Style Phantom (the Bucket Changer only, no Hawaiian Anno), but I have some parts for the next Phantom build. Both of the extra bodies I have are Gloss Black but as for the feed tube it doesn't really matter to me if it's Gloss or Matte finish because it'll just be an accent so what ever strikes your fancy the day you decide to put a finish on it.

Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 10 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantoms for SC, a CCM SS-25, a PGP and a Sovereign 3.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:12 AM   #25 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
If you purchase matte finish, you can clear coat it with gloss polyurethane, and the finish will be nice and shiny

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .670, .680, .678 (on request), and .685 (As I no longer have access to the machine to make certain sizes, I will not be replacing any which go out of stock.)

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
phantom phanatic

good point ty.....

well...I suppose I ought to get planning for the next batch then. Material order time!

and then we wait.....for......delivery.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI