mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 03-18-2017, 12:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Phantom colors

Does anyone know if CCI does custom colors? I was thinking of doing like a purple and green acid wash or green and a brown. It has been so long I couldn't remember if they did custom stuff or not.
Jiu-jitsu Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I bugged Mike for nearly a year about getting one done in pink and he said he isn't running custom colors and no idea when he'll run that color again. He mentioned the cost for anodizing custom and low numbers of parts has really gone up.... My advice would be find one you like on his site and snag it, I think the colors options will become more and more scarce.
estin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

I was wondering if I ordered enough "extra parts" like feed tubes, different barrel lengths,other bodies, etc if it would be enough to convince him to do it
Old 03-18-2017, 01:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I ordered a custom colored Phantom from Mike mid December 2016. I'm still waiting on it. It cost me an extra $100 for the custom anno. Last I checked (Feb-2017), he told me it could take a few more months because he's a small guy and they don't run his batches unless there is a lull in their pipeline. If he goes elsewhere for anno work, it'd cost him double. He told me in Feb-2017 that he was going to phase out all the fancy colors and go simple coloring like CCM because his sales are getting sluggish. If you give him a call, I'm sure he would get it done for you.
frd333do33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiu-jitsu Fighter View Post
I was wondering if I ordered enough "extra parts" like feed tubes, different barrel lengths,other bodies, etc if it would be enough to convince him to do it
I don't think that's necessary. I had him make me one with a custom color and started out with just the marker, but after learning that it is nearly impossible to get parts to match unless done all at once, I changed my order a month later to include nearly every possible option.
frd333do33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Well that puts a tear in me eye and I'm glad I did business with him at least back in 2010 when he was in full-force

Things are only going to get worse folks. First it was the acrylic parts, now the ano
And of course I don't blame the guy. Neither I nor ten of the people closest to me could have ever achieved .1% what he has with his shop in this country or maybe anywhere
I. Win. Every. Game. Like, every single game. In paintball, there's winners and there's renters. I'm a winner. I need to teach these scared youngsters who's boss, and they know at the end of the day. I want them to tell mommy (who just dropped $200 for the kids to play) that some older kid absolutely rek'ed the field every single game. I digress, winning is not just on the field, it's off the field. I have 16 goggle straps and use a barrel swab as a barrel blocking device.
#seriously
I am Phantom ID 37282

George Liquor: "In order to learn discipline, you must learn to misbehave."
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yes the colored acrylic parts and nylatron were phased out, and now a lot of the splashes are as well. He will be introducing a few new parts in a month or two and has come out with a few over the winter as well. At the end of the day, if I needed a new pump and all Mike made was a standard VSC or BBA SC in silver or black i'd be a customer.
estin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

only way i see you get this done is get one that is solid color and find one our trusted people said to use to get this work done. so in other words going to cost extra on top baseline price you paid for gun. there are few place people on this board get custom colors done but not cheap.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I bought gloss black because I dident know what setup I was going to like so I tryed them all (I think) There are a lot of different ones. I have narrowed down my build and I'm going to send it out for custom Ano work. It's Pricy but in the end it will be just the way I want it.

You could always do the same If Mike isn't offering it anymore. Acid wash is usually not to bad to have done if that's what you are looking for.

For solid colors Cerokote is the way to go especially Dust finishes. I have a Phantom that was done and it's very durable and a really nice finish.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

I remember CCI offering dust acid washes. I always dug the green and brown dust acid wash

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI