mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2017, 05:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect
 
chadders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: england

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
RTP Fan
anno question

I have a phantom that I'm wanting a new body for and a couple other parts but I can't find the anno on the website how would I go about trying to get matching parts?
pic attached to show the anno
Attached Images
 
__________________
veneratio,veritas,aequitas, ‎
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
So long as its under 18 and over 8 I dont care what it is really...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
well - just like my sex life, I have taken matters into my own hands:
chadders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 06:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
"Not you brother"
 
The Flounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MD

You best bet is to hope someone want to part out a similar anno job.
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
No gooder, rascal
 
AnarchicArctic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Western Mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
You best bet is to hope someone want to part out a similar anno job.
Flounder hit it on the head. Sending it out for a match can be close, but probably not close enough. that particular scheme is hard to come by( I have the same one.) I'd get lucky and find a part here and there, but they are from separate anno runs. Fine from afar, not quite right up close.

That being said, if you ever want to part out that frame assembly...
__________________
AnarchicArctic feedback
AnarchicArctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 02:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Pburgh (formerly a New Englander)

Can I just say that is the most awesome (and simple!) color combo on a Phantom I ever seen
__________________
Earth is the insane asylum of the universe
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect
 
chadders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: england

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchicArctic View Post
Flounder hit it on the head. Sending it out for a match can be close, but probably not close enough. that particular scheme is hard to come by( I have the same one.) I'd get lucky and find a part here and there, but they are from separate anno runs. Fine from afar, not quite right up close.

That being said, if you ever want to part out that frame assembly...
close would be close enough probably but I'll keep an eye out,
__________________
veneratio,veritas,aequitas, ‎
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
So long as its under 18 and over 8 I dont care what it is really...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
well - just like my sex life, I have taken matters into my own hands:
chadders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
No gooder, rascal
 
AnarchicArctic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Western Mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadders View Post
close would be close enough probably but I'll keep an eye out,
You can talk to Mike at CCI about sending new parts out for a custom color run, but it might take awhile. Slim has our same color scheme and I believe he told me turn around time for a run of parts he had done was 7 months.
__________________
AnarchicArctic feedback
AnarchicArctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Illinois

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
And i had heard Mike wasn't going to be doing acid wash anymore on mainstream part runs.

I'd just play it like it is or find someone willing to trade an acid wash to your liking set up how you want it.
Ano, especially larger batch acid washes need to be matched on a batch per batch basis. So unless you find someone that has parts from that batch it will never match.
theangrydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Wisconsin

The answer is to go frankenstein and get the most mismatched looking parts you can find.
estin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!
 
Slim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Connecticut

CCI (Mike) will not be producing any new colored or acid anodized guns/parts. Whatever CCI has in it's current inventory is the last of his colored/acid ano. Going forward, the only color offered will be black.

It's my understanding that Mike will take orders for custom colors, but customers need to know two things... 1) custom colors will cost more (and dust ano costs ever more than that), and 2) you will need to wait till CCI's anodizer is ready to run your color. Note that there is NOT a specific time that this may happen. It may be 6 months, it may be 16. If you do want a specific color, be prepared that it may take a VERY long time to get that color run - especially if it's only one or two parts. Larger batches MAY get done quicker, but there are no guarantees on that either. BTW, my info comes directly from Mike.

As mentioned, and I know this from personal experience, even if Mike can do another run of this specific ano, you will NOT get an exact match. I know this for a fact because my primary Phantom is the exact same ano scheme as yours, and I have had CCI anodize additional parts for me over the years. No two runs were ever the same. While most folks will never notice it, you will.

My advice is to find someone who does great anodizing work, and have them try to match your ano. Send them the gun so they can see the colors and pattern in person. I've heard really good things about "Caustic Customs" (find them here or on Facebook). I saw another anodizer recently who was doing mind-blowing work, but can't remember who it was for the life of me.

Or, as mentioned, you can also try to find someone who has the same ano, and see if they'll part with what you need if they have it. This won't be easy as that pattern wasn't heavily-produced.

Because I'm awesome, I may be talked into selling some of my extra parts. I have a telescoping T-stock, a 14" barrel, a 6" barrel and I think an 11" barrel in that ano. I'd have to check and see what else I have.

Here is an old pic of my gun - it has some different parts on it now.

Name:  Blue_Yellow_Acid_15.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  249.1 KB

Name:  Blue_Yellow_Acid_12.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  260.6 KB
__________________
Authorized CCI Dealer Specializing in Phantom Repairs and Upgrades
Serving the Greater Fairfield and New Haven County Area of CT only


Get awesome Stock-Class Patches HERE

"There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference."
- Slim

One of the oldest teams in paintball with original members still playing - Tactical Assault Command

My Feedback
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ole' Papa Pump
 
turbowagonman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Footville, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
CCI (Mike) will not be producing any new colored or acid anodized guns/parts. Whatever CCI has in it's current inventory is the last of his colored/acid ano. Going forward, the only color offered will be black.

It's my understanding that Mike will take orders for custom colors, but customers need to know two things... 1) custom colors will cost more (and dust ano costs ever more than that), and 2) you will need to wait till CCI's anodizer is ready to run your color. Note that there is NOT a specific time that this may happen. It may be 6 months, it may be 16. If you do want a specific color, be prepared that it may take a VERY long time to get that color run - especially if it's only one or two parts. Larger batches MAY get done quicker, but there are no guarantees on that either. BTW, my info comes directly from Mike.
Going off of what Slim said..... a few months back I bought back my first Phantom back and I wanted to do something a little different so I called Mike. I happened to call on the right day because I wanted some Purple parts done and he was sending an order of pieces to be done in Purple that afternoon. He told me to call back in 2 weeks to get an update as to the status of my parts. I called in two weeks and he told me the parts were not ready, so I called once a week for a couple more than I just let rest (going on a total of about 6 weeks at this point). I figured I already had a Phantom and it was still only in the 40 degree range (Fahrenheit) for high temps. About 8-10 weeks after I made the initial call he sent me an email with a picture of the parts. This was just a basic 1 color anno and it took more than 2 months so with a crazy anno like you have there chadders (which is very cool by the way) I'd go the route of trying to find someone selling off used parts.
__________________



Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 10 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantoms for SC, a CCM SS-25, a PGP and a Sovereign 3.


Feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC