mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 06-18-2017, 10:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
No gooder, rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
that is strange since it has a breech insert system, unless he was using the a/c threaded breech (phantom threaded breech has inserts, a/c threaded breech does not).
Iirc his issue was with the breech sizer. Had one in the sizer, would double feed and fire, launching the rear ball into the sized foreball. Goo ensued
Old 07-21-2017, 10:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Vagabond

I have the problem with double feeds with mine. Smallest sizer is more than small enough for the paint I shoot, and the double feeds are persistent. Pumping like a madman still isn't good enough. It's infuriating because I'd love to make this my primary but the double feeds are an issue, no matter what. ****ing infuriating.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menso View Post
I have the problem with double feeds with mine. Smallest sizer is more than small enough for the paint I shoot, and the double feeds are persistent. Pumping like a madman still isn't good enough. It's infuriating because I'd love to make this my primary but the double feeds are an issue, no matter what. ****ing infuriating.
Are you using grav fed hopper/agitated/force fed or stock class feed?

I've been shooting mine some in the back yard in a s/c set up. I'll agree and say that even in stock class I'd like to see fewer double feeds. I had previously chalked it up to user error--lack of rhythm.

Is there a spyder style detent or a ASP o-ring detent that could solve the double feed problem?
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
How are they in SC setups? I've been wanting to get one after selling my SC phantom, but I really only like phantoms with 12'ies.
theangrydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
Are you using grav fed hopper/agitated/force fed or stock class feed?

I've been shooting mine some in the back yard in a s/c set up. I'll agree and say that even in stock class I'd like to see fewer double feeds. I had previously chalked it up to user error--lack of rhythm.

Is there a spyder style detent or a ASP o-ring detent that could solve the double feed problem?
Gravity. Have the same problem when I try to run it stock class, as well. I've contacted ASP about maybe making a detent, but never heard back after a follow up email. If any gun ever needed a detent, it's this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theangrydragon View Post
How are they in SC setups? I've been wanting to get one after selling my SC phantom, but I really only like phantoms with 12'ies.
I still get double feeds running it stock class.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Pump fast...that is the key. Coming from a S6, different pump stroke. Took awhile to get used to.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Yuengling Drinker

Send a message via AIM to esparzar Send a message via MSN to esparzar Send a message via Yahoo to esparzar

I owned #050. My biggest issue was not only was I getting an occasional double feed, user error most likely, was that the balls would literally explode in the breach. This would cause blow back up into the feed neck and I would have a hopper full of wet paint if some of the paint didn't get blown out when my lock lid popped open.

I talked to Mike about this a couple years ago and the simple solution was to simply change the pump nub springs to a stuffer set. This solved the blowback issue however not the exploding breach problem. Mike has said he as an aluminum diffuser that if I understood him correctly. I can't remember if it was the bolt of the power tube that gets replaced but the diffuser causes sum back pressure futher reducing blow back and significantly reducing the sound signature of the revolution.

I traded #050 back in 2015 though I know the guy still has it. When I get the cash I will most likely buy it back.
Old 07-23-2017, 03:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar View Post
I owned #050. My biggest issue was not only was I getting an occasional double feed, user error most likely, was that the balls would literally explode in the breach. This would cause blow back up into the feed neck and I would have a hopper full of wet paint if some of the paint didn't get blown out when my lock lid popped open.

I talked to Mike about this a couple years ago and the simple solution was to simply change the pump nub springs to a stuffer set. This solved the blowback issue however not the exploding breach problem. Mike has said he as an aluminum diffuser that if I understood him correctly. I can't remember if it was the bolt of the power tube that gets replaced but the diffuser causes sum back pressure futher reducing blow back and significantly reducing the sound signature of the revolution.

I traded #050 back in 2015 though I know the guy still has it. When I get the cash I will most likely buy it back.

My guess is that either a 2nd ball was pinched or you fired w/o the bolt all the way forward. I read the original thread. Just shoot it more, it took me a little while to get the pump stroke down. The ASP mod would solve this immediately. When I first started shooting my revolution....my first thought was "What did I buy???"

Sizing the paint properly is another issue, especially with rec paint being inconsistent is size. I did the "exploding hopper" once or twice...last time I only had 3 balls in the hopper.

This week, I am going to try 12 grams..
Old 07-23-2017, 04:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Yuengling Drinker

Send a message via AIM to esparzar Send a message via MSN to esparzar Send a message via Yahoo to esparzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper97 View Post
My guess is that either a 2nd ball was pinched or you fired w/o the bolt all the way forward. I read the original thread. Just shoot it more, it took me a little while to get the pump stroke down. The ASP mod would solve this immediately. When I first started shooting my revolution....my first thought was "What did I buy???"

Sizing the paint properly is another issue, especially with rec paint being inconsistent is size. I did the "exploding hopper" once or twice...last time I only had 3 balls in the hopper.

This week, I am going to try 12 grams..

I had and shot #050 for an entire year before I traded it. There were no double feeding issues after changing out pump return springs which made for a much snappier return. By snappy I mean you pull back then slip off letting the spring do all the work. Causes a nice snapping sound.

The balls exploding in the breach sound like something pgps experienced before the Cooper t bolt. Again the diffuser that Mike has reduces blowback from the back pressure created by the venturi styled diffuser. This also creates a "softer" launch and from what Mike says a significant reduction in noise.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper97 View Post
Pump fast...that is the key. Coming from a S6, different pump stroke. Took awhile to get used to.
Tried that. Sometimes you just can't pump fast enough.

So I'm going to go ahead and say having a detent is key.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI