mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 07-17-2017, 02:51 AM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Can you try it without the brass shim
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Stinkbugs View Post
Can you try it without the brass shim
A littlr more wiggle without it.

Update: will buff and polish internals and inside of body. I see where the internals may be scratching the inner body. I think that's the reason of my harsh pump stroke
GauchoRockero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:05 AM   #23 (permalink)
Harvey Ran Me Off!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GauchoRockero View Post
A littlr more wiggle without it.

Update: will buff and polish internals and inside of body. I see where the internals may be scratching the inner body. I think that's the reason of my harsh pump stroke
That's not good. Has it always been a rough pump stroke?

Near Houston TX? Check out the
Houston Area Stock Class Group
Mithuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:16 AM   #24 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Sounds to me like a dirty Phantom. Pull it apart clean and lightly oil. Silver springs should give you what you need for C02 and HPA w/(@800psi) outputs.

What's your HPA reg output you are curentley using? (I'm Thinking it's a lower pressure and your marker is sprung for it)

The phantoms I get in. I pull them apart clean them good. I hit the sears, hammer, bolt, cocking rod with jewelers rouge ( polishing compound ) and a buffing wheel. Install stock CCI Silver springs in both the valve and between the hammer and bolt. Reinstall everything properly 2 or 3 drops in the ASA cycle a 12g threw it and adjust over the crono. Haven't got one yet I can't get over 40 shots to a 12g (with a freak barrel) switching to HPA you need very lil adjustment over the crono as long as your tank reg output is (800psi) or more. (Most 3k regs are) (ninja,myth,empire,tippman) even got one to work that was sitting in a bucket of water for who know how long. It was all rusted and pitted I just shined her up and its was a great shooter.

You don't have to go threw the process of polishing just a good cleaning will do the trick or a rub down with some Brasso. A 50/50 mix of water and rubbing alcohol works great. (Dry the parts after)

Also that brass pump arm shim you need to keep very clean. They work great but keep them clean. Also make sure that the pump arm is indexed properly. If it's to far in and tight it can cause binding issues. I like to use the barrel to hold the over barrel handle when putting it back together and make sure it's all aligned properly before tighting the nut that locks the cocking rod to the pump handle. (Some have this some don't)

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box; 07-19-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #25 (permalink)
Yuengling Drinker

Send a message via AIM to esparzar Send a message via MSN to esparzar Send a message via Yahoo to esparzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
Sounds to me like a dirty Phantom. Pull it apart clean and lightly oil. Silver springs should give you what you need for C02 and HPA w/(@800psi) outputs.

What's your HPA reg output you are curentley using? (I'm Thinking it's a lower pressure and your marker is sprung for it)

The phantoms I get in. I pull them apart clean them good. I hit the sears, hammer, bolt, cocking rod with jewelers rouge ( polishing compound ) and a buffing wheel. Install stock CCI Silver springs in both the valve and between the hammer and bolt. Reinstall everything properly 2 or 3 drops in the ASA cycle a 12g threw it and adjust over the crono. Haven't got one yet I can't get over 40 shots to a 12g (with a freak barrel) switching to HPA you need very lil adjustment over the crono as long as your tank reg output is (800psi) or more. (Most 3k regs are) (ninja,myth,empire,tippman) even got one to work that was sitting in a bucket of water for who know how long. It was all rusted and pitted I just shined her up and its was a great shooter.

You don't have to go threw the process of polishing just a good cleaning will do the trick or a rub down with some Brasso. A 50/50 mix of water and rubbing alcohol works great. (Dry the parts after)

Also that brass pump arm shim you need to keep very clean. They work great but keep them clean. Also make sure that the pump arm is indexed properly. If it's to far in and tight it can cause binding issues. I like to use the barrel to hold the over barrel handle when putting it back together and make sure it's all aligned properly before tighting the nut that locks the cocking rod to the pump handle. (Some have this some don't)
It's a bad idea to put oil in the ASA. It softens the urethane cup seal causing a sticky valve. This also coming from Mike.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Balrog has it right. When its very hot the pressure inside the valve increases and requires more force to open. Swap to a RED main spring and the problem should be solved.
estin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:37 PM   #27 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar View Post
It's a bad idea to put oil in the ASA. It softens the urethane cup seal causing a sticky valve. This also coming from Mike.
Good to know. Haven't had an issue but I won't be doing that anymore.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
Maestro

Thanks for the inputs

I will be buffing my internals and inner body today, oil it and try it on saturday. Will take pics and bring some feedback.
If anyone has a RED spring for sell let me know
Old 07-19-2017, 05:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

is the hammer sear pin seated nice or is it scratching along the sides ther

Good luck with your Phantom
its sad and a little unbelievable that there is a sick one out there that isn't running properly
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:37 PM   #30 (permalink)
Maestro

I know uh...Such a simple design :/

Getting tools ready and parts for polishing and crossing fingers so she performs good tomorrow

The before and after..
Attached Images

Last edited by GauchoRockero; 07-21-2017 at 10:18 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI