mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 08-12-2017, 11:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Law
Where's Tug Contest Winner

Clamping feedneck for stockclass

How are CCI's clamping feedneck conversion kitS for stock class bodies? Are the sturdy or mostly just for small gravity hoppers? I was thinking of picking up a centerfeed body and was trying to decide between the stockclass and bolt on feedneck or just the open class only one.

https://phantomonline.com/product/cl...to-open-class/
Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mojito Bandito

I'll be honest, I think they're solid. Only drawback is that there's no lever. I popped the collar off and swapped it with a lever collar I got from a different feedneck. My son uses it and likes it. I rarely play open class, so I'm ok with using a hex key for mine.

For the price though, it makes more sense to just get an open class body.

Near Houston TX? Check out the
Houston Area Stock Class Group
Mithuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Old gear!

What threads? I'm trying to make the same decision, but have a spare angel feedback which would save me some if it worked. But Mike seems too logical to use those awful fine Metric threads.

Edit: Just found out they're 7/8"-20, which is CCM threads. Hopped on the PC to search old threads in this forum.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by flyweightnate; 08-13-2017 at 03:34 PM.
flyweightnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyweightnate View Post
What threads? I'm trying to make the same decision, but have a spare angel feedback which would save me some if it worked. But Mike seems too logical to use those awful fine Metric threads.
I believe they are spyder threaded, but I am not confident of that.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 02:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
How are CCI's clamping feedneck conversion kitS for stock class bodies? Are the sturdy or mostly just for small gravity hoppers? I was thinking of picking up a centerfeed body and was trying to decide between the stockclass and bolt on feedneck or just the open class only one.

https://phantomonline.com/product/cl...to-open-class/
I did not like mine! I got them when they first came out around 2011-ish and they sat loose and wiggled and had a gap when I tightened the screw that connected it to the body

Used a motorized hopper and a VL-200 with it and was nervous about the adapter falling off either way

I sold it to a happy ebay buyer so maybe it was just in my particular case that it did not work for me!

Roll the dice if you like
I love all of CCI Mike's other products
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'd spring for the actual fixed center feed body with ccm feed neck Mike offers. Its a difference of $17
estin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 03:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Law
Where's Tug Contest Winner

Thanks for the responses, Legolas has offered me an old style one, which is great as I can try it out for a lot less than new. I like the idea of owning a stock class body just incase I every want to try that too, so this seems like a good plan. Just have to be careful not to buy any more parts, or I might end up with a second phantom that I don't need!
Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ole' Papa Pump

Quote:
Just have to be careful not to buy any more parts, or I might end up with a second phantom that I don't need!
That'll probably happen anyhow, Phantoms do tend to multiply once you have a working one.....lol

Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 10 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantoms for SC, a CCM SS-25, a PGP and a Sovereign 3.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Just have to be careful not to buy any more parts, or I might end up with a second phantom that I don't need!

Be very careful. They breed like bunnies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

^ Very true. My collection and parts really got away from me for a while. Down to just two complete markers now and one or two various spare parts. I still need a classic VSC with 2 piece feed in a cool acid wash though......
estin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI