mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 02-21-2008, 06:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to dextrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by iq666 View Post
Thanks guys. I am thinking long term, as I haven't played with it yet, and may decide to keep it as is after all. I just wanted to see what was popular, and what some others had done. Thanks!
I threw a Palmer Sideline Stabilizer on mine. It doesn't stick out the back so far as others.

Also, swapping 12 grams for a 3.5 oz tank makes for cheaper play, as 12 grams are 35 cents a pop. Most fields don't even charge me to fill my 3.5 oz tank (or charge me a dollar a day).

The trifecta i have is the Stab, 3.5 oz tank and a stainless-steel set screw for the port compensator. The velocity on my Phantom is now controlled completely by the Stab and is rock solid. No hot-shots and no creep down.

The CCM carbon fiber barrel is sweet too.
dextrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lucky Charms, ZDF

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Mustangii : VVulfe is a member of my team, and has just completed his own Duckslide setup. I'll give his a shot and if I like it, I may just take your advice. Thanks!

SEKtape: Thanks, I was putting together another Wevo order, so I'll check them out!

HurtCow: Thanks for the heads up. I wanna keep every shot I can!

Dextrous: Nice Marker! I'll def consider the Stab.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Take that Phantom out to the field and play with it. Only thing to buy right now is the detent rings and some spare parts at the same time. A couple each of all seals/o-rings/nylock screws.

And I don't know where dextrous finds 12 grams for $0.35... count on $0.50.

My Feedback
MrJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Milky Spore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
Macro has more volume than the hardline, so you'll lose a few shots per 12g if you switch.
I still had no problems pinching out up to 50 shots per 12g on my VSC setup with macro.

I prefer macro (as long as it isn't leaking) because it's just easier for me to work with and is easier to work on.

Anyways, since you already have the hardline on there you have no need to change.
Milky Spore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
is a gunslinger

Send a message via MSN to postal_bob

I can't speak for everyone else, but I find those stock 45 grips extremely uncomfortable. Whenever I get a new Phantom, I swap out them out for a pair of these: Rubber Panels w/Palm Swells

I think they also really improve the lines

Last edited by postal_bob; 02-24-2008 at 07:23 AM.
postal_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:26 AM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to dextrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJR View Post
And I don't know where dextrous finds 12 grams for $0.35... count on $0.50.
They're from China and made from lead and asbestos . . . jk

I bought a load of them online a year ago. I think the place was going out of business.

Still, the 3.5 oz is way easier . . . and better for the environment and the fluffy bunnies . . .

man it's too late . . . . gotta get some sleep.
dextrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Detent rings, as mentioned, and it looks like you might have a trigger shoe already but I can't tell if it's just glint. If not, check one out, I find the stock Phantom trigger a little thin.

You could look into an under-cocking kit as well, depending on your preference. I've got a standard on my SC Phantom, and the Ditto Deuce is undercocking, but I don't really have a preference one way or the other.

Pachmayr American Legend grips work pretty well, I have them on both the markers above, they have wood panels with a rubber insert and rubber finger grooves. They're about as comfy as the standard Hogues but have a nice rosewoody appearance as well. Think they run about $20-30 at most shooting supply places (Sportsman's Guide, Cheaper Than Dirt, etc). Hogue makes some really excellent all wood grips as well, but they are big money (like $90 for the high end ones).
Mayvik is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI