mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCI (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/)
-   -   Phantom rattling (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/36428-phantom-rattling.html)

ilerman 03-31-2008 12:35 AM

Phantom rattling

I recently acquired a VSC phantom. I love it. While this is not the first time I've played pump or SC, it is so nice not having to worry about a big hopper blocking your sight picture or giving you away.

Anyway after my first day of play I've noticed that there is a slight rattle inside my phantom. I believe that it is either the bolt or the hammer. Keep in mind that it is slight and only happens when I shake the gun in a vertical motion(using the grip and swinging the barrel tip up and down with my wrist) Is this a problem or simply the internals moving due to a little slack? It doesn't appear to affect pumping or cocking the marker.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also anybody here make wooden stocks for phantoms?

xkpxfatassxx 03-31-2008 12:45 AM

Air up your phantom and shoot. If there's no problem then don't worry about the rattling. Some have it, some don't. And pm noxx on this forum. He will gladly put your phantom in a wooden stock. I pm'ed him about this.

MrJR 03-31-2008 12:47 AM

The rattling indicates to me that you need a new main spring. The old one might be worn out. You are hearing the hammer moving around.

xkpxfatassxx 03-31-2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJR (Post 357028)
The rattling indicates to me that you need a new main spring. The old one might be worn out. You are hearing the hammer moving around.

Woops! I've read cases where they hear rattling without any problems. Dumb me.

ilerman 03-31-2008 01:07 AM

Main Spring

Wow already! I've only used this for one half day worth of play! I've got a parts kit coming for it so I'll try that when it arrives from Wevo.

Edit: Noxx may end up with all of my money! First I see his Mag rifles and now he does phantom stocks!!! What am I to do? ... Ah I know sell my right kidney!?!

pizzaluvr 03-31-2008 01:26 AM

Or your firstborn! ;)

A.C. Basbas 03-31-2008 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzaluvr (Post 357063)
Or your firstborn! ;)

Good plan. You can always squeeze out another one later... With kidneys ya only get two and you've gotta spend'em wisely, besides which kids pull in a lot more cash.

pizzaluvr 03-31-2008 01:47 AM

And if you where born with one Kidney, you are screwed.

ilerman 03-31-2008 02:14 AM

Good Thinking

I can tell the two of you have been in a similar predicament. My only problem is that I have pretty much committed to buying a PUG. After that then I can pursue a stock for my phantom. At that point upon seeing the wood on my phantom I will only have to pursue more... Perhaps it will be my first two children.

If I'm going to do it, I might as well do it right!

pizzaluvr 03-31-2008 02:27 AM

Change religions to Mormon... ;)